For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

ginge51
Corporal

Hints n tips for a begineer?

Post by ginge51 »

Hollly hoooe all :)

I'm a crappy noob and find this game stat intensive to say the least :o
Any hints n tips on how to get going good?
And is it me or could the graphic battle graphics could do with a make over?

A thank you :P
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Yes this game is intense later on, this is why i play it.

Yes, graphics could be improved, but its too late and would spoil it by making it even more laggy at the eve of victory on later scenarios.

There are some threads on the forum with tips already for new players. These include how to win by selling lots of oil for high price by cornering the market. You just have to look around the forum for tips. Myabe later i could post a few links for you, but i'll have to look later as i am busy playing sr myself.

Maybe me and you could have an mp game sometime and i could teach you?
ginge51
Corporal

Post by ginge51 »

Yeah cheers mate :)
I'm up for a multiplayer game but not tonight though i'm watching the Spain vrs Russia match :)
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

lol, i hate football. You live in england i take it?

I can play against you next week during the day as it is my 2.5 months holiday between yr11 and sixth form. PM me with your ip because you will have to host because of my firewall. PM or email me to talk more about it.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

There are no rules as such to how you set up your country or your army. i do it a lot different from others. However i tend to crank a lot of my funding into efficiency for my units. This makes them kickass and has proved well during a offline game i have been playing. I will be able to teach you how to do the basics, but how you choose to advance from there is totally up to you. You could try to develop your own style, use someone elses, or mix up a few to get a good mix. However i have to admit my armies change depneding on map.

If i can play you online i would start you on a small country on a small map, such as the china map or the middle east. These maps are quite small and therefore a bit challenging. But if you can master these maps you should have very little trouble on the world map.

Oh yeah, to play online with me you need the latest version with the balogan nuke mod in order to play.

Return to “General Discussion”