Defense Q&As from SupremeWiki

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Defense Q&As from SupremeWiki

Post by Balthagor »

http://www.supremewiki.com/Defense
When I sell military units on the World level scenario, where do the units go?

It is assumed they are sold of for scrap and the value recoverd is the value of the military goods and other components.
Last edited by Balthagor on Feb 07 2006, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

How do I use anti ship missiles?

Post by Balthagor »

How do I use anti ship missiles?
For this example we will use a helicopter to fire on a frigate. There are a few ways to do this, we will provide a few examples.

1. Unit roles (Ver. 4.4.2)

Some regions begin with an inventory of anti ship missiles to choose from. It is not necessary to be familiar with each of these, only to be able to find a unit with a missile capacity. Units that can carry missiles will have a missile capacity in the upper right of their unit stats;

Once we have found a valid platform, we can use the unit roles found in the Rules of Engagement to indicate Naval targets and tell the unit to autoload missiles. This will prompt the unit to go get missiles that match its assigned role. Anti Ship missiles by default have launch authority on therefore it will immediately begin firing at any ship within range. Simply move the unit towards a target.

To target a specific unit, turn off launch authority for the loaded missiles. Once this is done, use the right click order of “fire missiles” to launch the missiles at your target. If the missiles do not launch, the target is out of range

2. Manually getting missiles for a unit

If you are familiar with the missile you are looking for, you can instead use the Adjust Payload option for the unit. Here you will be shown all missiles that can fit on this unit and can add individual missiles or an entire pack of missiles up to the unit’s capacity.

3. Manually sending missiles to a unit

Using the Defense department Missile Control section, players can select their missile first, then be shown what platform it can be loaded onto.

Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Where have the missiles gone?

Post by Balthagor »

I have let the AI build missiles for me but I dont see any in inventory. Where have the missiles gone?

Missiles that are set to autodeploy will look for a compatible platform allowed to recieve autodeploying missiles when construction is completed. If one is found, the missile will be transfered to this platfrom. Using the thrid panel View Current Deployment it is possible to see which units are currently loaded with missiles and adjust their payload. The unit selected in the list can also be given an order by selecting its picture from the top right of the third panel. Double clicking the unit's name in the list will access the unit popup.

These controls are also avilable in the Missile Details popup hotkey <M>
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”