Who has tried grouping regions?

Using Supreme Ruler's Map Editor you can modify existing scenarios or design your own. Discuss your scenarios being developed and find design and map editor assistance inside this forum. Also discuss combining regions and the steps to create missions.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

isupreme
Captain

Who has tried grouping regions?

Post by isupreme »

Has anyone tried this out yet?
post_Nuclear
Sergeant

Post by post_Nuclear »

I grouped Ireland to the UK in order to play with Bulgaria in the Europe scenario
jvgfanatic
Warrant Officer

Post by jvgfanatic »

Here's the quote from the customization mini-site up here:

• See documentation provided with SR2010 for details on creating your custom groupings and visit our forums for support from the Supreme Ruler community.

A look in the Grouping forum at the SR2010 boards yields no "how-tos" so for kicks here's where that documentation is with a default install:

C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Supreme Ruler 2010\Missions\readme.htm
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

If someone has a particular grouping they would like to add to their game let me know. I can create it and place details here and maybe even put it in our next update.
Eric Larsen
Colonel

How About This Grouping?

Post by Eric Larsen »

Legend wrote:If someone has a particular grouping they would like to add to their game let me know. I can create it and place details here and maybe even put it in our next update.
Legend,
I was looking to make a World scenario with just two regions. North and South America as one unified whole region against the rest of the world under Europe as the other unified whole region. That way I could play the Americas against a big King Kong AI. Does grouping unify regions of just make them allies? I would rather have unified regions so there's only me and the AI and the unified regions could benefit from being whole.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
Eric Larsen
Colonel

Need New Victory Condidtion

Post by Eric Larsen »

Legend wrote:If someone has a particular grouping they would like to add to their game let me know. I can create it and place details here and maybe even put it in our next update.
Legend,
I was able to create two and three player variants of the World scenario. I tried the two player variant looking to see if the beginning inventories of combined regions truly combined and was very pleasantly surprised that it did a great job of doing that.

However when I made a one-player variant, which Balthagor didn't know would work or not as it hadn't been tested, it kept bouncing to the victory screen no matter the victory condition I picked. What's needed is a new victory condition called "None" with no victory condition necessary. I wanted to do a one player game just to enjoy playing the economic and research side of the game and not have those pesky AI's going ballistic and ruining my fun.

Geez, the game is called Supreme Ruler isn't it? That indicates that someone should be able to play Supreme Ruler of the World from day 1 and enjoy being the Supreme Ruler for as long as one wants to. So I'm an all powerful being who has staged a successful coup of the planet (boy I sure am delusional huh?) and now I want to bend it to my will and play the game by myself (oh oh I'm one of those lone wolf types). :lol:

I think it would be a great help for players to get a handle on how stuff works if they could play solo so to speak to learn the ropes of research. Granted there would be no trade but with the whole planet the domestic economy should handle the trick. I'd like to be able to peacefully play through the game quickly at the world level just to jam through the tech tree to see what there is to see and build.

Please add in a "None" victory condition so those of us who do want to do a one player game can do so and enjoy learning the tech tree and other stuff in peace without those meddling AI's getting us off track.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

This isn't a victory condition issue, the game is hardcoded to assign a winner when there is only one player left. This would require major changes in the engine. You'd be better off posting this as a request in wishlist to allow play past "victory" so that it gets due consideration for future projects.

The goal of the game is to achieve the status of Supreme Ruler 8)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
red
General

Post by red »

Open the World CSV and copy the last region to an eighth column, then import it into the map editor and assign a single city to this new, eighth region. Group as you did before in the GMT. That's effectively a 1-player game.

While in the map editor you can also clear all units, for performance.

Return to “Design Scenarios, Grouping Regions, Creating Missions”