Help Expand EuroCAMP (ie smaller starting regions)

Using Supreme Ruler's Map Editor you can modify existing scenarios or design your own. Discuss your scenarios being developed and find design and map editor assistance inside this forum. Also discuss combining regions and the steps to create missions.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

You going to help

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 3
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Help Expand EuroCAMP (ie smaller starting regions)

Post by ozmono2005 »

Firslty sorry to all of you have heard this from me before but I'd really like to expand the European scenerio and I do have ideas. I won't claim I going to do it as I did in the past.Okay as BigStone caught me out I couldn't keep myself away for long and after being unable to resist playing it again my desire to create scenerios is also back.

I want an expanded European campaign but I think to do it in the best way requires a change to the European scenerio preceeding the last scenerio(world) in the campaign, so that means almost a completely new campaign. Obviously thats alot of work(especially if theirs going to be a good, long and rewarding campaign as Europe should be. So I was hoping to get other peoples interest, or at least get the Devs to send me the maps I require so they would be compatiable with one another

Now the map images I've been making aren't and cannot be completely compatitable with other people who may wish to make scenerios for the same cause so I'd like to discuss a expanded Euro camp and who would try to add a scenerio or two to it. Either will be storylines and balancing issues so we'll have to commicate to each other

SO 2 QUESTIONS

1. WHO IS INTERESTED?
2. HOW DO YOU THINK IT SHOULD BE DONE?
- in order to determine that I think we should discuss what we think the number(and geography) of regions in Europe before the World(final) scenerio. PLEASE USE MY OPINION AS AN EXAMPLE

#.scenerio before world
1.WESTERN EUROPE(from Portugal to France) : CENTRAL EUROPE(Germany including Swizterland Holland, no Austria or Poland) EASTERN EUROPE(POLAND, SCANDAVIA(including Denmark)) SOUTH EUROPE/MEDITERIEAN REGIONS(not already mentioned) including the BALKANS AND AUSTRIA

You probably get how I see the lead up to such a Europe, I also have storyline ideas for that, only problem is the timeline would be completely out of wack with other Campaigns but that wouldn't bother me

I won't talk about how I'd like to see it done because it may be unneccesary but if anyones interested in doing a scenerio for this purpose let me know and than will talk(plus its good design experience :wink: that s how I justify being back bigstone :-) )

ALSO PLEASE VOTE YES SO IT CAN BE EASIER TO SEE HOW MANY WE HAVE and if all goes perfectly we can all agree and coordinate our efforts to get a good expanded Euro Camp done quick
Last edited by ozmono2005 on Sep 25 2005, edited 1 time in total.
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Always willing to help you Oz.... :D
But unfortunaly i've no experience in editting ...
But if you have some q's about Europe don't hesitate to ask....

Cheers
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

Okay, heres a job that would help :D

Give economic and demographic info on countries, I got all I need for Spain and Portugal but if you list say Netherlands total population (list the source and dates of the info), were is the domminant areas of the population including levels of Rural/Urban pop density and also things like top products and even possiable modern or historic divisions such as obviously modern (Beligum, Netherlands) or historic like (Flanders)

Whatever you could give would be nice as it would save me or anyone else wanting to do a scenerio the trouble

If you do decide to do this you could make a thread called stats or something.

Also the more segmented the stats the better. EG with Spain I was gathering states for Castille Leon, Aragon etc not for Spain as a whole but if your up to anything than whatever your up to is good

PS, have you tried that tutorial
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

ozmono2005 wrote:PS, have you tried that tutorial
Nope .. quite busy these day's ..
I'm in the Beta for X3: Reunion and doing some game manual translations
into Dutch ....

But i will see what i can do for you....

Cheers
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

thanks mate

but don't overload yourself, if I'm going to need it than it won't be anytime soon (I've got info on Spain and Portugal already) and won't need any other info for a while plus I'm able to do it myself if I need to.

So thanks again but theirs no need to do anything you don't have time for
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Some sources we have used;

CIA Factbook
http://www.citypopulation.de/
http://www.nationmaster.com/
http://www.scramble.nl/

this should help with cities, airbases and some of the player configuration data.

if you need new imagery files, let me know, I'll see what I can do.

You can use the existing scenarios as a guideline for the industry balance.

I should also be able to provide spreadsheets of the opening unit inventories.

Obviously we're a little busy to undertake these types of projects, but we'll help where we can ;)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Legend
General

Post by Legend »

Here is a site to get original satellite images.

http://www.vterrain.org/Imagery/whole_earth.html
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

For testing purposes I tried to recreate the Europe map into blanced regions

I made the following regions:

1 Keltish alliance
2 Great portugal (portuga + north west spain)
3 Baskenland (east spain + south franch)
4 Madrid (what is left of spain)
5 Paris (what is left of France)
6 Benelux (Netherland + Begium + Luxumburg)
7 England (what is left of Great britan)
8 Scandinavian Aliance (Norwegen + Sweden + Finland)
9 West Germany
10 Danish Aliance (Denmark + East germany)
11 Alpen Aliance (South germany + Austria + Zwitzererland
12 Poland
13 Milan (Nothern Italy)
14 Rome (Southern Italy)
15 Great Hongary (Hongory, Tjechie + Slowaky)
16 Great Jougoslavia (Bosney + Kroatie + Serbia)
17 Great Greekland (Greekland + Albania + Macedonia)
18 Great Romeria (Romenia + Bulgaria)
19 Ukraine
20 Baltic Aliance (Lithuania + Latvia + Estonia + Belarus)

Note that France, Spain, Italy and Germany get fragmented, this is done to blance their power. In this setting the stronger regions are in the center of europe and the weaker ones at at the borders, giving region fair chanses of beating the game.
Last edited by Sebastiaan on Nov 17 2005, edited 1 time in total.
not going forward eqeals to going backward
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

1 = 7 ???
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

Thanx, I fixed it

Note that I'm currenly making a new europe map from scatch at 9km hex size. The resulting map will therefore be 4 times as large :o as the current map and much more detailed. This hex size allows for much more details like roads, rails, bridges and mountain passes. This map can serve as a starting point for anyone that whiches to create a european campaign/mission.
not going forward eqeals to going backward
Jan
Captain

Post by Jan »

is that map available anywhere?

cheers,

Jan
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Since this is more than a year back, you'd need to ask Sebastiaan diretly. He never posted a link for it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Design Scenarios, Grouping Regions, Creating Missions”