sick and tired of WM dishing out armies?

Using Supreme Ruler's Map Editor you can modify existing scenarios or design your own. Discuss your scenarios being developed and find design and map editor assistance inside this forum. Also discuss combining regions and the steps to create missions.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

The_Blind_One
Colonel

sick and tired of WM dishing out armies?

Post by The_Blind_One »

So was I

Till I fixed it :)

if u want the modded unit file that disables the WM's ability to offer u units just PM me. :D
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

That is horribly unrealistic :-?

Where do you think all the African countries get the armies from anyway?

But, it's a mod, have fun :-)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

Balthagor wrote:That is horribly unrealistic :-?

Where do you think all the African countries get the armies from anyway?

But, it's a mod, have fun :-)
True...in a sense

but the world has collapsed, why should europe/america/asia still sell units to africa? they just pop out of nowhere. The world isn't producing units for other regions no more, so in my eyes it isn't unrealistic, it's just the way the world turned out now. :D
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Ah, but I would counter that if you look at how ppl play the game, there is still likley to be lots of equipment on the market, just not very good equipment ;)

I thinking of this based on what I've seen/done in multiplayer dev test games. If for example I'm playing as Germany in Europe my airforce starts off as a good number of Tornadoes and Eurofighters with one battalion of Mig-29s (inherited from East Germany when they rejoined). You also start with lots of helicopters in inventory but don't have air superiority for a while (thanks to French Rafales, Swedish Grippens, Italian Europfighters and all that Former Soviet AA!) so I will often sell off to the WM the Mig-29 and a bunch of helos. I'll also sell off any oddball infantry.

Even more so in single player. When I was playing the Europe map and managed to conquer France, they surrendered before I had fully conqured them (Ya, I know what you'll say, :roll: predicatable...) I got lots of VABs and AMXs but my army was all Arietes, Pumas and VCC-80s and I liked it that way so I sold off most of the former french units. That would be another argument in my mind for where this equipment is coming from

...maybe one of the lobby options for WM could make the availability of units -30% or something. If you like that, figure out which option and post in Wishlist...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Kennyb77
Sergeant

selling weapons

Post by Kennyb77 »

alot of american money comes from selling M-16s to contries in africa and mid east contries (even sold weapons to iraq) so alot of weapons would be in a market probly one of the biggests markets
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Re: selling weapons

Post by The_Blind_One »

Kennyb77 wrote:alot of american money comes from selling M-16s to contries in africa and mid east contries (even sold weapons to iraq) so alot of weapons would be in a market probly one of the biggests markets
Yes but those are forced trades

aka, we give u (supposed financial support) but u got to buy american arms for that...so in reality...it doesn't cost u guys anything :roll:
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Re: selling weapons

Post by Sebastiaan »

The_Blind_One wrote:
Kennyb77 wrote:alot of american money comes from selling M-16s to contries in africa and mid east contries (even sold weapons to iraq) so alot of weapons would be in a market probly one of the biggests markets
Yes but those are forced trades

aka, we give u (supposed financial support) but u got to buy american arms for that...so in reality...it doesn't cost u guys anything :roll:
Yep that how american goverment politics work. Instead of grabing public money directly , like in banana states, they do it indirectly by giving money the third world countries which are then forced to buy expansive overprized american weapons. Isn't that briljant?
not going forward eqeals to going backward
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

Yep that how american goverment politics work. Instead of grabing public money directly , like in banana states, they do it indirectly by giving money the third world countries which are then forced to buy expansive overprized american weapons. Isn't that briljant?
It's called exploitation of the weak. Yeah right equality democracy and freedom my ass...americans :roll: aslong as it ain't american, it must be bad :roll:

*spits on the US*
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

hey, common, that's my neighbours you're talking about :P

besides, we all know there are plenty of good americans and plenty of bad ppl from other countries. The way I see it, the US is having a bit of a mid life crisis, not quite sure what it wants or how to go about getting it ;)

Remember, us here in North America are still young countries, got to give us our growing pains :)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
+++
Sergeant

Post by +++ »

So I was playing Moldova and I had a war with Romania. It was difficult but WM has gifted Romania a plenty of new tanks :) funny, but I can’t beat a 20 battalions of tanks with just few APC :) How to turn it off?
I have a good economy, I’m selling Customers goods to WM, but it is impossible to win Romania when they attack me with such huge help from WM.. WM does help me to but mostly with artillery and infantry..
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Are you sure those tanks came from the WM? I would bet they where built by Romania, they start with 4 (??) tank designs. What model tanks?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Hmm, actually I would like to try that mod that disables WM unit gifts. I'd like to see how it works with it disabled (curiosity).

Can't that mod be made publicly available?
+++
Sergeant

Post by +++ »

Balthagor
Yep, it was Military Base at Bacau – I was attacking it but it is strongly surrounded by AA guns with artillery (all from WM) and I was slowly pressing Romanian defense down while got message “WM offers equipment to Romania” in few moment about 6 tanks came from base with 2% efficiency :( it wasn’t problem to take them off but when WM helps aggressor a few times a day – it is a problem.. For example base at Bucuresti have about 50 artillery brigades :) And they are coming all the time – from WM :(
WM helps me to but once it gifted me for free 6 interceptors – I’ve sold them for 550 mln buks for each! This is 3 bln $ !! this is cheating :( I like fighting with my own forces :)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

What's Romania's WM ratings? (Subsidy and Approval are visible in the diplomcay third panel)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
+++
Sergeant

Post by +++ »

Balthagor
I don’t remember precisely (was playing this war 2 days ago) but it was something about 60-65% and my was 75%
Currently I’ve loaded game before war, and Romania attacked Ukraine :) I’m between them now – it is funny. And I'm trying to help Ukraine with some units. It seem AI doesn’t use artillery in assault. They use artillery in cities and at bases as guarding forces.
So how to lower WM support with units? I agree when WM helps me with funds or goods when I'm defending against aggressor, or when they are selling me some technologies..

Return to “Design Scenarios, Grouping Regions, Creating Missions”