BIG REQUEST!

Using Supreme Ruler's Map Editor you can modify existing scenarios or design your own. Discuss your scenarios being developed and find design and map editor assistance inside this forum. Also discuss combining regions and the steps to create missions.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Mrodakis
Sergeant

BIG REQUEST!

Post by Mrodakis »

Hi to all members of the communities as well as the developers,

I had a question and a request. Is there a way in the custom games and the multiplayer games to start up with no military? no industries? nothing at all but a country in chaos and in anarchy?

I played a couple of multiplayer games and it is really not fun to start up the game with almost everything in place. I think the player should be able to start with no troops at all, with no industries, with nothing at all and build a country in an anarchy into a world power.

I think this would really make the multiplayer games really fun. When I play I'm forced to destroy all my troops and start from scratch, but it is a pain in the butt at the same time.

Best regards to all,

Mrodakis
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

This can be done, requires making an entirly new scenario.

This is, however, quite easy. Take any existing scenario can copy the .GMC file from /SCENARIO and the .MAP and .GAM from /MAPS into /CUSTOM. Then launch the mapeditor. In one of the "EDIT" popups accessible from the second panel are options for "CLEAR ALL UNITS" and "CLEAR ALL FACILITIES". This will give you a clean version to start with.

... expect mass shortages and debt as you try and impot everything with no revenu :D
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Mrodakis
Sergeant

Post by Mrodakis »

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have never experienced such a good customer support in my gaming life. Thank you for taking your time to walk me through it.

I have tried to do what you wrote in your reply. I'm copying the South American GMC, MAP and the GM file into the custom file as you wrote.
I click in the edit menu that says erase all of troops and industries. I save it under South America file but everytime I open in the normal game mode and open the new custom map it loads but takes me to the starting menu.

I don't get it.

Thank you much,

Miguel
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

usually that would indicate that it can't find a file for the scenario :-?

Double check that all the files are there, I will try it myself a little later and report back.

You're welcome on the support, I'm always amazed that other companies don't see the benefit of more interaction with their customers :)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Mrodakis
Sergeant

Post by Mrodakis »

Wow, now it worked but when I loaded it it said I failed to achieve victory right away.

Still trying...
Mrodakis
Sergeant

Post by Mrodakis »

Tried with Central America and it worked but said that I failed to achieve victory again.

It would be cool to have a scenario with 0 goods, 0 industries, 0 military and a country in anarchy.

I think it would be cool to try it out. Maybe it would be easy for you guys to make a scenario possible like that and see how it goes.

I also wonder how the AI would behave if you made all AI involved in the game with the same settings as I asked for? Wow, I don't know what woud they do.

Thank you,

Mrodakis (a HARDCORE PLAYER)
red
General

Post by red »

Did you delete all of your cities? Game rules have you as defeated if you don't have at least one city.
Mrodakis
Sergeant

Post by Mrodakis »

umm........this is not good!

I tried doing what you wrote about leaving the cities and even the industries in place but it still gives me the failed mission.

I only clicked on the get rid of military troops thing and it didn't work out.

Any inputs?

Any smart computer guy out there that can make a scenario as described above?

Thanks,

Mrodakis
red
General

Post by red »

Then I suppose you are missing a file as Balthagor said. I did it in two clicks, it's as simple as it looks really. Here's a zip of the files, put it in your Custom folder.
Mrodakis
Sergeant

Post by Mrodakis »

Geee..... dude, thank you very much.

Playing the game as I write this email.

Wow, I was spammed by massive shortage messages!!

LOL

Will keep you informed!

Mrodakis
Mrodakis
Sergeant

Post by Mrodakis »

It is kind of slow to build a country's industry and almost everything else as you guys already know. I changed the start up setting by clicking the fast build button and it is still slow.

It would be cool if there was a like instantaneous build option that way I and other peeps that like that RTS feeling can play.

So far I haven't seen the AI build anything. It doesn't seem like it is going to build anything. I'm playing with the settings 0 Industries, $1,500,000 M, and that is about it.

Mrodakis
Mrodakis
Sergeant

Post by Mrodakis »

ah and also I'm playing without starting troops.

Anyways, Is there any big difference between the Fast build option and the default one? I don't really see any!!

Instantaneous building mode would be awesome!!!!!
Mrodakis
Sergeant

Post by Mrodakis »

Ok, I dispense what I said about the building pace.

It seems that when the fast build option is clicked and you build something it does build like in about 2 days or so, but the little description "Building" stays with the number of days left as if the building mode was at default......weird....but not a big deal really.

Another thing, the AI is dead. No industries, just a couple of supply trucks and things of that sort but dead.

umm.... inputs are welcomed.

But I really like the fast build. Kind of gives the sense of the RTS speed games such as warcraft or something. I think it could be possible playing at instantaneous build in multiplayer: settings would be 0 starting troops, 0 starting industries, 2 Million $$$$$ what u guys think in multiplayer mode

START BUILD QUICK AND CONQUER? awesome

Return to “Design Scenarios, Grouping Regions, Creating Missions”