Need help!

Using Supreme Ruler's Map Editor you can modify existing scenarios or design your own. Discuss your scenarios being developed and find design and map editor assistance inside this forum. Also discuss combining regions and the steps to create missions.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

ckeith70
Corporal

Need help!

Post by ckeith70 »

I want to remove and, then reposition the military units on the world map. How the hell do i do it?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Placing units in a scenario is described in the mapeditor tutorials on the main website.

To remove all units, there is an option in the popup for Scenario/Upgrades Info. It will clear all units on the map.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ckeith70
Corporal

need help

Post by ckeith70 »

What file do i need to go into to do that? Do i put it into my custome folder? Sorry for the dumb questions. Im just not getting it.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

No problem,

Yes, you will need the GAM, MAP and GMC file in the custom folder. The mapeditor can only edit files in the /Custom folder. You will also need to copy the GMT file from the Localize/Localen/Scenario folder into the Localize/Localen/Custom folder (that should not normaly be needed but there seems to be a bug added about that in the last update). Or simply remove the reference to the GMT file from inside the GMC while editing.

Once the files are in the custom folder, use the mapeditor to open the scenario.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Design Scenarios, Grouping Regions, Creating Missions”