Request: Europe Scenario that includes Turkey

Using Supreme Ruler's Map Editor you can modify existing scenarios or design your own. Discuss your scenarios being developed and find design and map editor assistance inside this forum. Also discuss combining regions and the steps to create missions.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Apollon
Lt. Colonel

Request: Europe Scenario that includes Turkey

Post by Apollon »

I would do it myself, but I just seem to be too stupid to understand the documentation and the various tutorials I found here. What I hope for is the standard Europe Scenario, edited in such a manner that it includes Turkey as a playable region. No map editing would ne necessary, since the geography and the improvements (cities, factories, etc) is already present on the map. It just needs to be made into a playable country.

Does someone here have the ability to either do this, or tell me (in simple language, please) how to do it myself? That would make me very happy. :)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Actually it would require an entirely new map from scratch, only about 2/3 of Turkey is there, it's cut on the east side. Also, that map is already at the maximum number of players. If you add one you'd have to remove another. There is no satellite imagery made for a Europe map that includes Turkey. Always thought it would have been nice but just didn't work out that way...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
red
General

Post by red »

This is possible, but due to there not being a map and it being a realistic region it would involve so much work that I don't suppose you'd want to actually do it. But in 2020, the unified maps make such scenarios possible, which opens some nice possibilities.
Apollon
Lt. Colonel

Post by Apollon »

I don't mind missing 1/3 of Turkey at all. Actually, I just want some room for Greece to expand into. :D So, the map isn't a problem.
Nor do I mind throwing out some other country in order to get it done. I guess Ireland could be expendable for that purpose. heh heh...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Apollon wrote:I don't mind missing 1/3 of Turkey at all...
Missing 1/3 of the country means you can't balance the region properly. You'd be missing population and cities which would skew production and demand. I suppose it could be done but I wish you luck finding someone to do it...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Apollon
Lt. Colonel

Post by Apollon »

Well, it's not quite 1/3, I guess it's 1/4 of the geography that is missing. In fact, there isn't much there, most of it is Kurdistan anyway. The eastern-most part of Turkey isn't very densely populated or industrialised, so there's not really much to balance there.
I just need someone to explain to me in simple language how to mod an existing scenario. The documentation deals only with creating one from scratch.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The basic instructions would be to copy the files to the custom folder and skip steps you don't need form the documentation. I put lots of time into the documentation so I'd suggest working from that. I won't really have time to provide extra assistance on modding any time soon, busy with work on SR2020.

Perhaps someone else on the forum can provide you further information.

Oh, have you checked out the modding section of the wiki?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
red
General

Post by red »

1. Decide which region you'll eliminate, and in the map editor repaint their terrain's loyalty to that of a neighboring region.
2. Paint Turkey's terrain with the now-free region's loyalty.
3. Go into the CSV, and paste in Turkey's data from the Middle East file onto the eliminated region's column.
4. Import the CSV in the map editor. Update the region name in the GMT. That should be it.

Return to “Design Scenarios, Grouping Regions, Creating Missions”