Wont install

Find support, discuss issues, report in game bugs found here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SGTscuba
General

Wont install

Post by SGTscuba »

My freind asked me to ask you all why he cannot put his Blackbean (EU) copy of the game on his vista laptop, but he can put it on his XP comp. This is rather strange because his laptop is better then his comp. He has uninstalled it off his comp and tried to put it on his laptop. It keeps doing the same thing. He clicks on auto run and the thing freezes, he clicks on the drive and the installer inside it and it freezes, we use the run thing and it freezes. Could you help. I also Have a copy of the game but I am unable to use it until Friday (my birthday) and so i would like to ask just incase this happens to me so I can get it sorted quickly and not waste all of my day off trying to figure it out. Also then I can fix it on his laptop so we can play MP all day (those at school are all welcome, will post about this later). Should I contact Blackbean about this issue?

I did buy the game off Ebay but like i said it does work on his xp comp.

I hope you reply quickly and your suggestions work on Friday (unless he tests them when i see him).

Does anyone know ,hazard a guess? devs do you know anything and if you don't, clearly say "contact blackbean".
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

I have sorted it, i just needed to wait............ and click on the right thing!
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

ok update, it is working on my laptop fine but it still wont install and still has the problems like before. He has defraged it and so what should i try to do?

I tried to contact blackbean but all i got was a press thing from the address i found in my manual. PLZ help|!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

if the disc installs on one computer but not another, then the problem is not with the disc but with the machine. Not sure how we could help...

If he can manage to copy the entire CD contents onto the hard drive he could try installing from the drive, maybe the machine will cooperate with that...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Dont know if this will help or not.

3) The issue may be that the VB Script Runtime is not registered on your Vista PC. According to some MSDN Blogs and Forums, some Vista installations don't have the VB Script runtime registered. The solution is to locate and register vbscript.dll. For example,

Ive read on a few toubleshooting boards,that sometimes some programs install process wont work with vista if this above mentioned part of vista did not properly install itself.

But since i dont understand what this "piece" of vista is or does,i have no idea if its related to your issue.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM

Return to “SR2010 Support”