Transfering savegames

Find support, discuss issues, report in game bugs found here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SGTscuba
General

Transfering savegames

Post by SGTscuba »

Ok, i have a copy on a vista and on a xp comp. When i transfer a file to the vista the file works, however when i do it the opposite way round the file just has xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx when i try to load it. My mate also has a vista and i have no problem when i transfer files from his but he gets problems when i transfer it from mine. I have them pretty much set up the same but i dont know why this has happened. I have reinstalled and still it does not work. do i need to transfer the output log aswell?
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Also when i play online it is screwy as no matter what gov type i choose it always starts with democracy and yes i have the allow gov change box ticked and this is a problem. I have the nuke mod on all 3 but it only seems to be messing around with the one. Is it because i am not on the admins user area because on vista it does make a lot of difference i have heard.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

You don't need the log file and we've not had any problems using savegames from one system on another system regardless of the OS. If you're only having this problem with one system that usually means it's the system, not the game.

As for the Gov. type, I just tried it, and to my great surprise it seems you're right, that doesn't work! Unfortunately it's a little late to resolve. If I get a chance I'll look to see a workaround exists.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

thanks, looks like my mate will have to host the games in future as my laptop will run his saves. yes finally found my first bug!

I will look on my laptop and see what is different to his next time he comes around and then try to fix it. If i can figure out why saves do not work i will post.

Although i have noticed that the saved games on vista dont actually go to the main game savegame folder. It goes to app data in users which is a pain to get to. Maybe i should change where the file is going to so that it does go to the right folder. however i have not done this on his laptop so i will have to wait to try.

Return to “SR2010 Support”