WM Aprooval decay

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

rralex89
Corporal

WM Aprooval decay

Post by rralex89 »

hello all, i guess i have a problem here, i'm relativley new to SR2010 but as soon as i started playing i ran into a problem, it would of been understandable if my world marken aprooval fell due to continued military actions or a faliure to control the economy. but it happens so that when i play with a larger nation, let's say, romania(that's the one i'm playing with now) and let's say i maked an alliance with ucraine and occupied belarus and moldova(on the ukraine scenario), after that, i concentrated on beeing self suficient, and now the only product that i import is coal.(i'm not over-produceing any product), i have the strongest military in the region (double that of the ukraine), and i did not use any cheats. my WM aprooval is decaying constantly for about 2 years, and from 100% it is now at 27% and falling. what can i do?

thanks in advance!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: WM Aprooval decay

Post by Balthagor »

rralex89 wrote:... i have the strongest military in the region...
This would be why they hate you. Constant military production is not considered a sign of a peaceful nation.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ainsworth74
Colonel

Post by ainsworth74 »

Just bring down your build cap to around that of your neighbours (found in the region index) by deactivating a few bases, note you don't need to sell them only deactivate...
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Sir Edmund Burke
rralex89
Corporal

Post by rralex89 »

i never buit a single unit since the war with belarus was over(that's about 2years ago)... should i sell my army?the numbers of my armed forces ar the smallest in the region, it's only the mlitary strenght due to tehnological disocveryes and what i bought from ukraine.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

No don't sell ur units unless their worthless to u. Actually all u have to do is make sure ur unit building cap is equal to the 2nd highest or one less than the 2nd highest. Say u can build 30 units at once but the 2nd region can build only 25. Drop ur build rate to 24 or 25. Do this by deactivating bases that u can build units with. That way the regions and the Wm won't hate u as much. The number of units u have doesn't cause regions to hate u (don't think a region hates u for having more anyways) as much as how many u can build.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
rralex89
Corporal

Post by rralex89 »

thanks, i'll try this, but, it's a bit unreal.. like, think about it.. in the real world. the united states and whi not, china, have the largest industrial capacityes and nobody is imposing econmic blocades on them:P
ainsworth74
Colonel

Post by ainsworth74 »

But, no one has the power of the WM (And don't say the UN, they have no real power these days (Iraq anyone?))
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Sir Edmund Burke
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

I always try to stay one below the highest build cap. That way I can build up without the worry of a war. The only time I have the number one build cap is to get a lot of missiles at once. I think I'm becoming like Tkobo with missile use. :lol: I destroy a region's entire industry at the start of war and nearly all of the region's bases too. And yes the UN is just a place in New York now. Like a bank. Likes to get money but hates to fork it over when its needed. As right now. All they have to do is well do what they say. If they say u better not have such and such weapon by a certain date or u will not have them after we're through with u, I think countries would listen to the UN. Now in the game the WM I wish would have attacked me several times. It been a mess for both of our sides. :D
In war destroy everything even the livestock.

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”