Embassy etc

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

MaxRiga
Colonel

Embassy etc

Post by MaxRiga »

Hi, where I can find explanation listed what kind of bonuses gives "embassy", "free trade" etc ? I've checked all PDF manual and haven’t found it.
... lai dzivo latvija !
Mitchell
Lieutenant

Embassy & Free Trade

Post by Mitchell »

Max,

I am not sure if there is some additional benefit, but successfully negotiating the exchange of embassies always seems to improve Dip relations (both ways). One effect having embassies should have is to make future Dip negotiations easier - don't know if this is the case in SR2010 tho...

Free Trade means that trade between the two regions is just that, free. That is, there are no import duties levied against goods purchased from one country by the other (maybe applies to export duties as well?). In effect it means the two regions can buy cheaper from each other than they could from other regions, all else being equal. (Note: I should add that this is what I think Free Trade does; I have not figured out how to run an experiment specific enough to actually prove this in-game.)

Anyway, hope this helps.
Mitchell
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

I have noticed that they slow down the impact of you other actions like declaring war against someone or having a higher build cap.

They don't stop reduction of relations completely, so they just buy you time for improving relationships.

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”