Operation overkill - AKA middle east v world

Put your Single and Multi player AARs here please specify which it was (SP or MP).

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

SGTscuba
General

Operation overkill - AKA middle east v world

Post by SGTscuba »

This is the third one i have on the go. This time i am playing the middle east on the world map. As it is the first time i haver played offline on this map. I have made it as easy for me as possible.

The plan i to supersize everything so that i have a stupidly high tech level and build cap. This will allow me to make a lot of supersized units which will help me to win the war. Also i have fog of war off which is very rare for me to do just so i can get a feel of the map.

I was inspired to play this after playing it online with my mate.

In this game i will try to push both the game and my computer to its very limits without going bankrupt. This will get interesting.

The middle east as you know is surronded on pretty much every side. We have the europeans and the russians to the north. Russia and india/pakistan to my east and africa to my south. I however control a lot of the worlds oil (over 250 million barrels a day) and this makes me primo target no.1 for both europe and asia. I do not think that the africans are going to be able to attack me much except from one base because the desert is my shield and there are very few roads. Hence i will make allies with india/pakistan and concentrate on defending against europe and russia.

This will be a war on a truely massive scale never done by me before. There will be farms for pretty much everything.

Ok, now we move on to what i am planning to build.

I plan on only building a few unit types. These include:

Ws-1b
merkava-4 aka the best tank available in the world at the time
VBCI
Heavy supply truck
FARP crew
MEADs
b-52
f-22
boeing transport
globemasters
Galaxy
and a few more in future.

The plan is to build nuclear missiles which i have aquired the design for off europe and building them in huge quantities. Then i will place them on my nuclear subs that i am building. These will then have the capability to hit nearly everything on the earth. I will use these and the mass of B-52's i am building to destroy all airbases first, then all sea bases, then all land bases. However there is still one issue with subs. They run away to ports once they fire their nukes and i suspect that this will cause some losses but luckily i will be producing so many i will not notice it.

I recently aquired the kansas battleship design and the f-22 raptor design and have placed these onto build. However i paid over the odds for these but it will be very useful later on.

However i am still crippled by the lack of resources and this means that construction is very slow. Also when bases do get finished i then have a problem with opening them as i started with such a small base for military personnel. This will hamper me for a while but once all my big bases are open it should not be that bad.

Here are some photos of my huge production capacity under construction.

SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

The build up has started and all of my starting units have been sold off. I have also put a lot of new clean power plants under construction and have researched the upgraded clean power to make the most of them.

Tech level is 104 and i cannot wait until i can research sinth fuel and fussion plants. I am also researching all of the artilary upgrades and an isreali version of the m113 apc for use in my airborne divisions which are still awaiting for their bases to be built. I have also decided to build the airborne engineers to help with the imdeiate construction of airstrips ready to bring in the mass of reinforcements to the front to help make a decisive difference.

Treasury is now starting to climb but i am critically short on consumer, industrial and military goods. This is a hinderance but once construction has finnished it will be a war winning economy ready to take on the world.

Diplomaticly wise the world all hates europe and i think this is where the first war will break out.

My borders are now being reinforced by the mass of new units i have been building.

Europe is now at war with russia, the europeans have started it and so everyone is ignoring my military buildup and instead watching europe.

A lot of my border is now secure and now i am moving troops into africa. However my new airbases and seaports are not yet functional and so i have no airplanes and no ships, although a few battleships are under construction. Missile wise i have very few but i have a half nukes and half anti ships missiles. I dont bother with ordinary missiles unless they are of a high air because otherwise they get hot down in droves. I only use them when there is nothing better. This way most of my production capacity doesn't get wasted by a whole load of manpads and the like.

Loads of units are now filing their way out of their bases and into africa.

My mass of Merkava-4 tanks have just finished being built, this will make the ideal defensive force :wink: .

I am just happy being the middle east and so will not attack anyone until i get attacked!

This will be a barrel of laughs when it gets fully underway as i reckon it will be my laggyest game ever and so i have made performance settings their highest with graphics low.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

I have recently realised that the biggest limitation to this game is going to be me. Even though my brain is highly trained in complex things, even this will be overwhleming and will have to be dealt on a one front at a time basis. This will mean i attack on one and put lots of troops on the others to defend so as to make my job much more easier. I am also having trouble coping with the amounts of troops as i am building a couple of stacks everyday and this is overstreching me. However i now think that i will not need any more bases as the ones i currently have will keep me going for a long time. When i get near the end i will be in america and then i will not need as many troops due to its narrow frontage and so i think it will involve landings everywhere along the north american coast once i have taken the southern american coast.

At this point i would like to point out that my army is soooooooooooo huge and that i have a lot of bases, but i still would like to point out that i have even more bases under construction but that a lack of materials still derails their construction. However it has gone from being like 20x production to only 15x production and this has helped to both reduce costs and help to increase the amount being built.

I am very tired now i have been playing for 3 hours and so i will leave it here for now.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

I have a very low unemployment in my country which is starting to cause problems. Added to this half my buildings are not yet complete and the whole world's CB is rising against me. I am now waiting for more of my bases to be built but resources are being used elsewhere. I would really love something like a slider which you can move to divert more industrial goods to military buildings or to domestic buildings as i could get my bases done first.

I still have most of egypt under construction and all the bases i am building on the red sea are still far from being built. However my mass of airbases have started to begin building. Starting from the top and working its way down they are starting to build. This will help me to produce some big assests such as my bombers, transport planes and missiles.

I am now reinforcing majorly all of my fronts ready for any attacks. If africa attacks me i will drive into their country. If europe attacks then i will push forward to make a bigger bridgehead. If russia attacks i will push them out of the cacasus. If indo/pakistan attacks me i will hold them back. Then i will wait merely for my nuke subs and my strategic bombers to be built then attack one way (which i have not decided).
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

What the hell are the plants that engulf the Arabian peninsula? They will never get done in a century...
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Today, Russia declared war against my region. My defending troops supported by WS-1b's and a lot of supply trucks have battered and killed most of their frontline troops. I fear this is just the beginning of the war.

Our treasury is extremely high with over 1 trillion dollars.

Soon we will start our advance into russia as soon as reinforcements are produced. This will hopefully see us linking up the 2 russian fronts and ready for our strikes against moscow.

The first new ships in my navy have just been comisioned. For some reason, although my missiles have a 800km range the ships wont fire them until they are at the max 300km away from the target. This is despite fog of war being off and it being able to actually see the targets that it should sink on its own accord.

I'd also like to points out, that all you people who moan about the price of oil today going over the $100 mark. In my country, i am selling this vital commodity for over $7000 per barrel, which is almost 20000% mark up, and as i am the only one with spare oil and plenty of it, i am creaking up the price slowly and this has helped me to make my billions. Its such an amzing thing in game, and it is also possible in real life if they tried hard enough.

Africa has also recently declared against us and for without even attacking them we have gained land due to their lack of supply and the close proximity of my roads that were recently built.

Just sold $820 billion worth of oil in one day. This takes my treasury to well over 2 trillion dollars. This is like the most i've ever had.

Although there is a labour shortage my army continues to grow and my new bases are opening, hopefully within a year we should see the first of my nuclear SSBN's launched. We already have plentyful missiles for them, and by that time we should have even more due to my huge missile building program.

Europe has also decided to get in on the action. They declared war on us and so we trashed them. I waiting now for my battleships to be built and then i will go kill half their fleet off and provide very heavy firesupport to the troops ashore. This will hopefully break a lot of the european units and taking them off the front for a long time. My battleships have benefited from the extended range upgrades which makes it longer ranged then most arty and nearly all ships i know of.

Yet another big AI mistake. On their own land, with over 50% supply, their units still run out of fuel. However i am unable to exploit this because all the countries that used to sell me military goods are now at war with me and i have run out meaning that i am unable to build anymore units.

And everyone, please enjoy your new 5% tax rate. For some reason this actually makes more money then higher taxes, and it brings more people.

Finally my big factory farm in africa has started to build, its unfortunate that it has took this long but at least it has started to be built now with plenty of resources going into it.

The war has both been to the disadvantage of all of us. First, all my enemies are running out of oil and this may also slow down their military goods production and their industrial goods production. However, although i have plenty of raw materials, i lack the industrial and military goods production capacity to actually attack them. However as i am rectifing this problem i will be able to exploit their disadvantage sometime soon.

I have also realised that most of the industrial goods are going into building my oil dereks and not into building industrial goods plants themselves. It will take about 30 days for the oil dereks to be built and then it will move onto my factories and bases as there is nothing else to build. I will then also upgrade all of my hydroponics plants to full capacity in order to provide enough food for my people once i start taking over land.

My country has now run to a complete standstill by the lack of industrial and military goods. This is beign a pain as i need to build the oil dereks but need the industrial goods aswell.

Meanwhile i have advanced little due to the ongoing situation with the lack of military goods which is starting to cripple my army. However the current production is just enough to keep units defending supplied and to provide some military goods for my arty to fire on the retreating european forces.

My population is 321million people and i now have almost 3 trillion dollars in treasury. My industrial goods have started to continue building and my demand has fallen down to 800000 a day for industrial goods. This is a godo sign as the thing i need the most to keep my economy going is finally getting the resources it needs to kickstart building it.

I have now reached tech level 107 which means i have yet unlocked more techs for me to use.

I can tell this is going to take so long that i have gotten prepared by buying me a lot of books for me to read during the time i am playing. The game has also got very laggy because i have like almost 2200 units in the field.

Treasury has also just climbed to almost 4 trillion dollars because of the mass of oil i am selling.

Inudstry is still being slowly built and by the time i have finished my next posting they should be finished and producing the mass of goods i need to supply my vast army.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

they are almost done u know. They have finally started to build and are coming along nicely.
Graymane
Major

Post by Graymane »

And everyone, please enjoy your new 5% tax rate. For some reason this actually makes more money then higher taxes, and it brings more people.
This is because you get all the GDP (except imports) in your economy. By cutting taxes, you are generating more demand, increasing employment, and making prices go up. Since the population doesn't seem to save any money, they are spending it on your resources :-)
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Treasury is still on the rise and heading towards the 4.5 trillion dollar mark. This will help to pay for increased research, military and spocial spending.

My power plants are all nearly finished and will then free up resources that are needed elsewhere.

I am laughing at europe because they lack fuel. So this also leads me to assume that they also lack all the industrial and military goods that they require and this will hopefully also slow them down and lower resistance when i cross europe.

Europe and africe have to be beaten first so that i can concentrate all my forces on advancing eastwards.

However, even though they are out of fuel, i am out of military goods, which means i am unable to exploit their disadvantage. However this will change as soon as my new military goods plants come online and will allow me to continue building units. However if it is still not enough i will have to build another farm wherever there is space for one. Hopefully it wont come to this until i can build fussion plants. this si because i am producing over 30 million m/wh of electricity a day and i think this should be enough hopefully to keep my industry going to at least demand. Then i will expand again in any captured land as i have pretty much ran out of space in my original land.

Treasury has gone to over 4.6 trillion dollars and climbing.

The price of oil has almost reached $20000 a barrel which is over 46000% markup. This is how i am making my vast fortune.

Ok, i just took the pea, 56000% markup and over $23000 a barrel. So never moan when u have to pay over a £1 at the pumps or over $100 a barrel because that is nothing.

Hmm, building are taking forever and so i have built a ring of supply depots around them in order to increase supply so that they build much quicker. Unfortunatly i dont have any engineers because i hate them except for the airborne ones. However, i cannot build any units either, so i am screwed for a while. I am sort of rectifing this, i have put several bases active with orders to build puma apc engineers to overstrength, however, i will have to wait for my military goods production to rise before i can do anything.

Ok i just sold a stupidly high amount of oil for my stupidly high price. Look at how much money it made me. Also i am buying up all of the consumer, industrial and military goods on the market that i can buy. Also look at how much money i have.

I now have over 6.5 trillion dollars and rising thanks to my oil sales.

One thing i am going to point out is how much i love the limitlessness of the game and i wish other games would have it (especially AOM,AOE). Well done goats on this alone. You have worn me and my comp out before you have worn out the game.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

I am so glad i am writing this, its keeping from being bored constantly.

I have managed to get my demand for industrial goods down to only 7x production. This is significant as i am also starting to increase production and not only lower demand. Hopefully by the end of tommorow all my facilities currently underconstruction today will have been built. This way i can hurry up and start actually attacking and taking over large areas which will make it more interesting for you, the reader.

I just done it again, i just sold a crap load of oil and made over 2.1 trillion in one day. I could spend a lot of money and max all expenses and lower all taxes but i would still make huge amounts of money.

Her u go u all.
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

*mumbles about nuking greedy decadent arab oil sheikhs*
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Hhehhehehehehehe, i get such a kick out of those oil sales :lol:

Be careful you dont break the economy though, as the sales can get so big they break the games systems.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Lol, i making a loss now, south america is trying to compete. They struggle though cos they dont have much oil spare. I am spending like 125 billion dollars a day on buying industrial goods to make sure i have my facilities done.

I will post pictures of all my facilities once they are all open just for u guys.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Hmm, just looked at what tech level fussion plants are. They are tech level 111, looks like i have a long way to go. However i am not that far off compared to some countries.

I am also now going to aquire land based nukes that will target individual airstrips and outposts in order to save on nukes. These will be bought from the USA.

I just bought all of the north american techs and some of their unit designs. i paid twice as much as they were worth, but with my vast treasury it only knocked it down to 7 trillion dollars.

I will now put these onto construction. I have gone for longer range missiles so i do not have to build silos everywhere where they are hard to find. This will allow me to group them and quickly launch them all. I will use them to destroy any secondary airstrips and outposts in order to save on my sub launched nukes.

I have now placed down 36 silos. I have also scrapped all my m4b missiles and replaced them in production with the trident missile. This has longer range meaning i dont have to get too close and also that i can hit any target in the world by moving the sub around.

It has happened again, i go really high with my prices then south america comes in with a low price. So i will just do what i always do, lower my own price in order to price it off the market, then i will raise it again and make a lot more money before they decide to compete again.

This idea has failed and so i have had to cut back. However i am still losing money, oh well.

i have advanced into russia and have captured a few million people. This has helped to reduce my losses of my treasury. The offensive, even though it is only limited due to the lack of supplies, has easily pushed over the first line of resistance without losing any units and with very little arty support due to the lack of supplies for them.

However, i have had to reduce my maintance investment to about 2 billion a day, which is about a quarter of what it should be, however i hope to raise it as soon as i get more money from capturing more land.

I have also reached tech level 108 now, its only 3 more levels before i get the fussion plant techs.

The only problem is the lag, which means it is taking a long time to get a day done. Man i cant wait to get a better pc.

I am also having problems with construction and unit building. I lack industrial goods and facilities are being built. However i am demanding 800000 tons a day but i am only able to supply 150000 tons a day. However this is reducing as more facilities are being built. I am also short on military goods as i am only producing 6000 tons but this is reduced due to industrial goods shortages to only 2000 tons day. I am not short of cash. In my cut backs i have even made a profit internally but with trade i am still losing 10 billion dollars a day. However as soon as my capacity increases this will lower and i will be making a natural profit from there onwards.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

although i would technically be losing 2 billion a day without constructing things, I think it will be less, even with military units restarting their construction. This is because i am not satisifing all of my populations consumer goods needs, I am actually lagging behind and am only supply half of the demand. Hoepfully the increased supply should make me a lot more money to keep me profitable.

Shortages are being faced by my country and are crippling it. I am also losing a bit of money and i am now reduced to a mere 6 trillion dollars.

I think i am going to leave it for tonight and play a different game.

Return to “After Action Reports”