F-117/ B-2/ F-22/ FB-22 NOT STEALTHY ENOUGH

In this thread you can discuss any thoughts you have about balance within the game. Does a particular unit need a specification changed? Is a stealth plane not stealthy enough? Do "Belli Bar" levels need to be changed? Let us know and discuss it all here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Medalmorph
Warrant Officer

Post by Medalmorph »

Ya there should be a new method of being able to detect stealth...Should make the plane doesn't show the player flag/color... If detected stealth plane shouldn't show anything that like saying "hey i come from America! Declare war on me!" let it so that people make the descision themselves i.e where the plane is coming from, which way did they leave the region. This is also great when trying to blackmail other region online...move a stealth fighter across the safest place then make an obvious move to their capital then head out to another "Neutral" country making them think that the other Neutral country is doing it. How does that sound??? :lol:
JXai
Lieutenant

Post by JXai »

My 2 cents is that I don't believe the engine is built to truly handle the proper use of stealth units. What color are stealth fighters and bombers? They're that color because they are designed to be flown at NIGHT. Any plane flying over enemy territory during the day is going to be spotted. Period. I would agree that stealth should be stealth if you could make sure the missions run at night, but you can't - because the engine doesn't simulate the day/night visibility cycle.
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

And I don't know if any of you have had a B-2 fly over your house, but they can be quite loud. Heard a low rumble once vibrating through the walls, went outside and looked into the sky, and there were 2 B-2's refueling at a tanker. They were at least 30k feet, and the rumble was enough to bring me out of my house. Also, hearing these things take off, you can tell when the B-2s take off even from 10 miles away.

It isn't something that will bring the guns down on the planes, and by the time the sound reaches you they would have long since dropped their bombs and flown out of AA range, but if you were sitting outside as they flew high above you would know that something was flying up there even if you didn't know what it was.
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

The engine of SR 2010 has got to decide wether a unit is spotted or not.
There is nothing in between.

"isn't something that will bring the guns down on the planes, "

But in the game it will.
A single detection at a time inside the borders is enough to vector interceptors at the target.
At that the point the "stealth game" is over.

The game cannot model civilian spotters accurately,that alone should be the reason to ignore their effect completely or at the very least town them down.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

or at least don't let the bombers and fighter be detected until they bomb something. and as for the color black for stealth fighters and bombers.
Don't think color of the paint makes a stealth only to be used at night. It might be for the older versions. But think about the F-22 and F-35 their both the color of other fighters and their stealth and i seen the F-22 before that's been flying around here and its hard to see but i know its a F-22 because it was lower than it flys one time and i got a good view of it.

Bergsjaeger= mountain hunter
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

Stealth is all about the radar. The side effects of sound and sight are rather minimal. The stealth designs are meant to cut down on radar cross section, and heat signatures used to guide missiles to them.

In the bombing of Yugoslavia, an F-117 was shot down. They couldn't see it on the radar, and they didn't hit it with a missile. People on the ground knew something was up there, and they lobbed as much AA up into the air as they possibly could. Eventually it was hit and it fell. The serbs and now probably the russians have pieces of that plane. I don't think it had even started dropping bombs yet, it was just enroute.

I agree that if you flew a B-2 over france that they would not be able to mobilize fast enough to shoot it down unless they caught it on return. They would probably have some stern words with the president and the media the next day though, and in the terms of this game war would probably be declared.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

hmm i was hoping i could drop at least a nuke before i got detected oh well.

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Off topic, but last i had heard that F-117 was shot down by a multi-radar sam system.

The systems number escapes me atm,but it had like 3 ground radars and one on the missile.It was a new (at the time) russian sam system given to
Yugoslavia for testing against the stealth planes. Russia admitted the systems were given a few years after.
And they could indeed see the 117 on radar.

Many pieces of the 117 are indeed in russia.This also has been admitted by russia.

Tamara ????? might have been the radar system tied to the sams.But im horrible with names,so it might not be also :wink:
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

the f-117 is an old bird y u think the US ot the F-22 and F-35 now. Radar systems that has been developed in the past few years can see stealth fighters so i guess stealth fighters won't be stealth anymore.

Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

turn the stealth str into a short int please. 2 bytes. for update 3? and stealth IT UP!! :D
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Do we know IF the stealth needs to be increased ?

Or is it simply that the hex spotting has to be turned down or even off.
Chuckle TM
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

Ah, yeah. I was just remembering stuff from an old documentary I watched. They didn't say anything about the SAMs, or the mig that might have gotten a shot in.

The documentary I watched mentioned that the F-117 may have flown the same path it flew the night before as well, whcih is taboo I guess.

Flying through not one, but multiple radar sites would probably catch the best of stealth air craft. :/
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

yes u think they be smart enough to know that the path they use could be watched the 2nd time around. Oh well with i could get that camloeon camo tech wondering what it does.

tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

I hadnt heard that about the flight path.

Kinda makes you go "hmmmmm".

Aw well, most if not all pilots are parrot academy graduates,so it really should be expected.
Chuckle TM
Xetal
Lieutenant

Post by Xetal »

You could flag units as having not only spotting strength by radar (or sonar for water).

Make it so that only units that are anti-stealth equipped with radar can detect certain units (like stealth bombers). That way if you don't have advanced enough equipment you won't be able to see them until they are attacking.

It would make it so if you have the advanced equipment you can pretty much 100% counter stealth aircraft, but at least you would have to have the equipment, which is a step up from where it's at right now. I would also make the anti-stealth equipment fairly rare and not give it to everything with radar...

This would at least force a reactive change in your enemy to protect themselves from stealth aircraft, or make stealth aircraft more useable in areas where your enemy cannot afford to have expensive radar.

Return to “Balance”