LOSAT HMMWV

In this thread you can discuss any thoughts you have about balance within the game. Does a particular unit need a specification changed? Is a stealth plane not stealthy enough? Do "Belli Bar" levels need to be changed? Let us know and discuss it all here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

The_Blind_One
Colonel

LOSAT HMMWV

Post by The_Blind_One »

This puppy has 56 for anti-tank!!! at tech level 105, while any other puppy near it or in the future gets to 42 at best...also the LOSAT HMMWV seems to have a stronger hull then what appears to be minitank's wich they get in the future... :roll:

LOSAT HMMWV is US equipment, anti-tank...slightly overpowered? or true hard working free capitalist american men :D ? u be the judge :wink:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

hmm, that was one that I had been concerned about at one time but never really got back to. It's so hard to judge some of these.

To be honest, for the balance of that one I used the People's General equipment file as a guideline. It lists many of the same units we do and I compared their balance on the LOSAT and went with the same scale. So if it's wrong, we're not the only ones that got it wrong ;)

If anyone feels like doing some controlled tests and knows something about the system, I'm open to discussion. I do know it is supposed to be one of the more effective anti-tank systems.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

Problem with People's General is the LOSAT in that game was the original concept, the M8 AGS hull with missile launcher in place of turret. Also the "Tracer" and later recon vehicles would have been based on that same hull.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

so, any suggested values?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

I think the armor attack value is good, but the vehicle is basically an armored HMMWV (and therefore not well armored at all). Very low infantray attack.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

and similar to HMMWV defense values?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: U proably looked at this link. But its as close as I guess U need to rebalance the LOSAT.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/losat.htm
In war destroy everything even the livestock.

Return to “Balance”