Is food production too easy ?

In this thread you can discuss any thoughts you have about balance within the game. Does a particular unit need a specification changed? Is a stealth plane not stealthy enough? Do "Belli Bar" levels need to be changed? Let us know and discuss it all here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Is food production too easy ?

Post by tkobo »

To me, it seems far to easy to get regions that in real life cant feed their populations,to have tremendous production beyond their needs in the game.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Perhaps something like a modifier on how much food it takes to feed the population of a hex based on the supply level for that hex ?

So that if a hex had x amount of population, and therefore required y amount of food to feed the people in it, but only had a 50% supply factor,the modifier would be 2 times the amount.So that the amount of food that same hex would now require,would be 2y instead of y.

And any region that had a hex in which a food shortage existed would have modifier applied to its DAR, its WM rating,etc...
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Hmmm... there is a city production.
Once i played a region... don't rememder correct (lost my saved games :evil: ) but i believe it was Germany... that didn't need any
agri ind.. it was completly selfsuff from cp
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
Seydlitz
Major

Post by Seydlitz »

Agricultural yields are related to the technological sophistication of the farmers, in real life. I don't know how this could be factored in to the game, since there isn't that great of a difference in tech levels (most are post-1990 to begin with) and I can't think of anything they could be tied to otherwise.

I do agree something should be done, since agriculture is one of the resources I'm always able to become self-sufficent in. I don't think I've ever been unable to do that, with any region...
red
General

Post by red »

Agriculture is something I've never felt compelled to pay any attention to. It's cheap and most regions do just fine... at worst, you can starve your population for years without any of them dieing. ;) I'd like to see food become a critical resource, with shortages having serious effects on confidence in government and international reputation and so on.
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

The WM does this already in some way...
If you have bad standings with them they boycot you with
most products except Agri and Water.... :wink:
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Il Duce »

Sort of like the old "Oil For Food" sanctions 'eh? Gee, those worked so well didn't they?

One thing I have noticed about ag resources getting out of hand is without any other influence, notably internal markup, population will expand to consume all available food resources, and you can spiral into building food and water facilities for years on end.
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].

Return to “Balance”