Air defence issues, a suggestion, and questions all in one

In this thread you can discuss any thoughts you have about balance within the game. Does a particular unit need a specification changed? Is a stealth plane not stealthy enough? Do "Belli Bar" levels need to be changed? Let us know and discuss it all here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

The Khan
General

Air defence issues, a suggestion, and questions all in one

Post by The Khan »

During the Iraqi war in WW3, I couldn't help but notice that the ZSU quad cannons downed a substantial amount of my F-16. It might make sense for them to deal damage during closer strafing runs and cannon fires, but usually, I wonder if an almost ancient Russian autocannon defence with no electronical tracking device can shoot an aircraft flying from a considerable height, using missiles far more advanced to shoot tanks and flying at insane speeds, not to mention F-16's shot when they were returning to base, flying over a ZSU and taking hits. Wouldn't pilot fly from a real height while returning?

Might it sound bad to suggest to set of 3 Tiers of aerial defence?

Heights such as a helicopter soaring as high as 300 Feet being Tier 1

Heights above that and below 6000-7000 ft being Tier 2

And extremely hightech aircrafts flying from the Stratosphere should only be hit by Tier 3 defences, such as S-300 and whatnot (I'm not well versed in Equipment)

Also, what are the best ways of intercepting a barrage of missiles? I am not the only one with the green raptors, it seems... The Russians rain a load on me... :(
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

Khan,

The ZSU-4 quad vehicle has a radar. The NATO designation for the radar is GUNDISH, and it is prominent on top of the turret.

However, be that as it may, the overall effectiveness of all air defense systems is too great. This has been the topic of several threads.

Regards,
Feltan
ETA Five Minutes ......
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Feltan wrote:Khan,

The ZSU-4 quad vehicle has a radar. The NATO designation for the radar is GUNDISH, and it is prominent on top of the turret.

However, be that as it may, the overall effectiveness of all air defense systems is too great. This has been the topic of several threads.

Regards,
Feltan
Well, they can be actually ok, but I just think they need a revamp, either for this game or for the sequel, probably dequel as you folks no longer support this one.

I just think cannon based AA should only hit heli's at all times, and jet planes which attacked a ground target for a small amount of time. Except B52's which should only be bit by very long ranged missiles.
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

The Khan wrote: I just think cannon based AA should only hit heli's at all times, and jet planes which attacked a ground target for a small amount of time. Except B52's which should only be bit by very long ranged missiles.
I agree.

Regards,
Feltan
ETA Five Minutes ......

Return to “Balance”