been Messing with the orders....

If you have the desire to modify SR2010 here is where you can discuss and share your designs and ideas. NOTE: Mods are a change to the original program and are not supported by BattleGoat Studios.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SGTscuba
General

been Messing with the orders....

Post by SGTscuba »

OK, I have been messing with the orders to see what various things do, just a quick question about one thing, I have turned the lay mines/mine sweep on, I tell an engineer to lay mines in a hex, it carries out the order for about 5-10 seconds then gos to pause, has it done anything else but just mvoe to that hex, and also, if it did lay mines, how much damage is it likely to do (if any if damage was given to mines).

So will mines work if I activate them or did you not program them further then the order (I will see if the order saps supplies).
Last edited by SGTscuba on Jul 25 2008, edited 1 time in total.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
SGTscuba
General

Re: been Messing with the orders....

Post by SGTscuba »

Ok, I am going to test the mines.

I have also messed with the bombard order, so that it is active, but units do not charge by removing a 1 from the column that makes them charge a target (in my view). Testing this order now.

Bombard only works with indirect attack units, so ships (except battleships and the like) are unable to carry out bombard, I can live with this, but more importantly, the WS-1B will carry it out, I have got to wait until the facility is destroy to see whether or not they will charge.

You must be within attack range for it to work. It works with b-52's this way, although this order is better suited for artillery.

Also, I have noticed, there is a lack of minelaying ships, maybe I should mod some cheap ones in, and maybe give some minelaying ability to those subs I was planning on designing if all goes well.....

of course, if they see any ground units within range they will attack those nistead of bombarding, but you can create special "bombardment units" which have there ROE to attack units off so that they will only bombard facilities.

Being the stupid artillery and basic programing the artillery kept firing on the hex even after the facility was destroyed, I will go back into orders later to try and rectify this.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040

Return to “Mods”