Upper limit on effects values?

If you have the desire to modify SR2010 here is where you can discuss and share your designs and ideas. NOTE: Mods are a change to the original program and are not supported by BattleGoat Studios.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Amram
Sergeant

Upper limit on effects values?

Post by Amram »

Im suspecting this is the case, but im not certain and so im asking if anyone might know. Is there an upper limit on how high you can drive a value? In total, or in one tech(aside from the obvious +/-127% limit for single effects putting an absolute cap on the tech at +254% through two effects towards one goal)?.

In testing i ramped fusion power output by 250% on completion(fusion power now comes with two +125% fusion output effects for testing) and i think i broke my fusion power plant, lol, it reports being able to produce a ridiculous amount of energy, but its what i was expecting given the multipliers, yet i don't get any of that added to my overall production. I tried disabling all other power production, and well, the only power i got then was city power production, which is very minimal, and a fusion plant that should have been satisfying 20% of my needs alone now reporting offering 432% of my capacity(....er, lol, its output is 4.32 times higher than my combined capacity is?.....interesting) when the only active plant.

So, anyways, im gonna dig further and see if maybe its just cause i drove the value so high in one solid shot or not.

Or is it that i drove the output of the fusion plant too high?......i did send it to 1.7m capacity, lol, then cut my tech boosts to only 200% from the tech, leaving output at 1.4m, yet still nothing, testing if the 1m mark is the problem next.

Had another thought on this, perhaps im looking at this the wrong way. If i boost the tech by 250% right off the bat, that sends fusion power output from normal, 1.0, 2.5 higher, landing me at 3.5x capacity. But if this is stored the same way as the limits on tech modifiers is, then my upper cap should be about 255% in a single direction, or same as the tech and merely +\- 127 depending on just how the stat is saved...... Still reducing the value in continuous tests to see at what point i get power again.

ok, so, i toyed with it for a while, and things seem rather strange to me, either im doing something wrong, or effect 43, listed in the stock cold fusion tech, is ineffective. Cold fusion is supposed to flag the fusion output with a 100% increase, doubling it. and the plants do indeed report their new capacities as per the techs, yet my issue stands, with even a 60% boost to the fusion plant its not actually increasing my capacity by the new value, rather, the standard plant output still stands unaffected.

With regards to the massively increased capacity percent the game quoted me before, i wonder if this is also evidence of its flaw, showing its capacity, and that its actually active, but using its stated capacity(instead of true capacity which apparently can easily be different), so, it would have been looking at the plant being able to provide 1.7m capacity out of 380000, landing me at roughly 447% (i know its different than quoted above, but i've changed alot in testing this, no longer have the exact old values).

I need to take a completely stock game far enough to confirm if the cold fusion tech suffers this very same problem or not,

Return to “Mods”