Improving SR2010

If you have the desire to modify SR2010 here is where you can discuss and share your designs and ideas. NOTE: Mods are a change to the original program and are not supported by BattleGoat Studios.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Windmaker
Warrant Officer

Improving SR2010

Post by Windmaker »

Hi

As SR2020 is more and more popular, I still don't like it, so I try to improve SR2010.

Already I have added about 200 new units - mainly land units, because air and navy is more difficult to find interesting one.

As there are so many new units I decided to look at AI files. AI in SR2010 isn't good for me. The main problem is that it doesn't use supply trucks so all movements of it's army stops when there are no supply or oil. Also I want to make AI more aggressive during wars, and make it to attack.

Because of that I have some questions:

- Is it possible to make AI more aggressive modifying the aiparams file?
- Is it possible to change AI so that it will send diplomatic offers with units or plans? It only sends Alliances.
- Is it possible to change statistics for Global Market so that it will send more technology prints etc.?
- Which "numbers" in technology file have to be changed to make it easier to develop? I mean cost and time for discover, also the second thing, which "number" is responsible for that, how much AI is interested in this technology?
- Is it possible to change units which are developed from tech tree for "original" scenarios?

And one more thing - is there anyone who could make new graphics for unit models? I don't have skills and time to make it myself.

Also question for creators of SR2010 - do you have any files which where suppose to be added in next patch which wasn't prepared? I mean exe file changes etc?

Return to “Mods”