Modding Programs

If you have the desire to modify SR2010 here is where you can discuss and share your designs and ideas. NOTE: Mods are a change to the original program and are not supported by BattleGoat Studios.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Modding Programs

Post by Decimatus »

Well, the free trail of office xp that came with my comp won't let me into it without a product key which I do not have. So, I can't fool around with the databases until I find a way to get excel without paying a couple hundred bucks for excel.

(I can open the excel files using wordpad, but the large paragraph format makes me weary of changing anything)

Anyone know of another program that will let me alter these files or is excel all I got?

Also, what is the program that will let me alter other files such as the files in the Scenario folder and the AI folder? Windows tells me it has no idea what type of file they are, so not sure where to start.
mercerre
Corporal

What about Open Office

Post by mercerre »

Open Office is a free open-source suite of programs. It has a spreadsheet (will read and write MS Excel files), a word processor (will read and write MS Word files), a slide making program (will read and write Powerpoint files). The latest betas also have a database program that might read and write MS Access files.

You can find the latest release and beta versions here: http://www.openoffice.org

Hope it helps.

V/R

Bob M.
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

Cool, got it thanks.

As for the values themselves, what are max/min values, and which direction is good/bad?

Like some example Beli numbers are .25, .4, .15. If I were to change these, would 1 mean a full beli bar, and .0 mean an empty bar?
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

belli - 0-->1
dip relate -1 --> 1
civ approv -1 --> 1

if you go outside these numbers the program will see them at the extremes... I.E. if you put a value of 37 it will be read as a value of 1.

Return to “Mods”