Adding technology

If you have the desire to modify SR2010 here is where you can discuss and share your designs and ideas. NOTE: Mods are a change to the original program and are not supported by BattleGoat Studios.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Adding technology

Post by Guest »

Hello modders,

In the folder INI there are 2 files regarding technologies. I like to add some new technology by copying an existing line and change the discription etc but the game doesnt accept it.
So I tested it again by changing the values of existing lines like cost and duration but the effects remain the same when starting a new scenario. Am I missing something or are those all hard encoded?
Chief Ork
Corporal

Post by Chief Ork »

No one?

So its not possible to create ur own units or start tweaking existing one in this game?
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

check the freaking wiki :D
supremewiki.com
Chief Ork
Corporal

Post by Chief Ork »

@Baloogan:
thanx for reply. I have already browsed the wiki site. There was an interesting utility called SR2010EDIT, but there was no link where i can download it.

But are the csv files in the INI folder nothing more than reference or need i to do something extra besides adding/changing values?
Empier4552
General

Post by Empier4552 »

You can add/edit units through spreadsheets HOWEVER by altering these you void multiplayer aspect unless you create backups of your original unit files and put them back each time you play multi..
Chief Ork
Corporal

Post by Chief Ork »

I copied the original files in another folder, so there shouldn't any problems when i start a multiplayer game.

But has anyone tried editing the csv file like the techtree and see the changes taking place? I first tried to add a new technology which increases the buildingrates of buildings. But the game doesnt't take the new values whether its a saved game or a new scenario. Having copied a technology nuclear fission and changed the pre requirement, costs etc I expected the game would accept it.......
Is the scenario tied on specified technology or what I assumed technology level?

Return to “Mods”