Modding Unit Statistics

If you have the desire to modify SR2010 here is where you can discuss and share your designs and ideas. NOTE: Mods are a change to the original program and are not supported by BattleGoat Studios.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

davide
Private

Modding Unit Statistics

Post by davide »

I was wondering if there was an easy way to change the statistics for any given unit. I tried to change values in SRUNITS.csv, in the Custom folder, but that did not have any effect in game.

Thanks
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

:roll:
Check the wiki
supremewiki.com
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

Whoah. You are from vancouver too. :D hey.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

For the SRUNITS.csv to take effect, you need to import it from the map editor. This will create the DEFAULT.UNI in the /custom/data folder. Any maps you create will be found in the custom root and will use DEFAULT.UNI unless you specify another name. If you wish to have multiple, rename the default after importing it and tell the map to use the renamed equipment file. If you would like to play an orginal map, copy the .MAP, .GAM and .GMC files to the custom folder and play it as a custom map.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zickefoose
Warrant Officer

Post by Zickefoose »

Now that kinda confuses me. So what do you mean by Importing the SRUNITS files ? How would I go about importing them ?

Ok, I have edited the values of the F-15E for some testing, but how would I go about using that file ?

Edit: Oh and why do you always say go to wikki ? I went there thinking the answer to his question would be there, but nope.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Actually, I sometimes point to the wiki because of how much information has been added there, but here I'm suggesting reading the mapeditor documentation that has been provided. It details how to import the equipment file but is missing some details.

I am hoping to expand on that document this week.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Medalmorph
Warrant Officer

Post by Medalmorph »

There isn't any custom section in the game... There are only scenarios, Mission, and campaign. I'm trying to make a new south Asia, all i'm changing is the unit statistic, can any1 show me how to make it and how to play it? I alreay finish the statistic thats all i'm changing but i don't know how to put it together. Please help....I need help!!!! :cry: And please don't tell me the read the editor, i read it twice already and i still don't understand somepart, and there are missing information...Please help me!!!
Medalmorph
Warrant Officer

Post by Medalmorph »

Nm figured out how to do it by myself...Let just say the "text is useless"
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

Medalmorph. How did you customizing turn out?

Do you have any suggestions to improve the text for the map editor? We are improving it every few days and will release new versions of the text over time to help customize SR2010.
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

Make another program that exports the data to its DEFAULT.uni format so people don't need to **** around in the map editor.
Missiles!! Nukes!

Return to “Mods”