Statistics mod anyone???

If you have the desire to modify SR2010 here is where you can discuss and share your designs and ideas. NOTE: Mods are a change to the original program and are not supported by BattleGoat Studios.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Fordson
Captain

Statistics mod anyone???

Post by Fordson »

Would there be a way to mod the game to provide stats on all finacials?

I really liked this in SP2. To bad the program itself was flawed!

I really gave you power over cause and effects of the cash system.

Can this be done??
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

So far the mods I've seen are of game files such as text files and imagry files. Providing the stats that you are asking may require a reworking of the engine. I guess there could be ways to open up the code of the game but if someone does they could cause problems as versions change. Any such task is quite complex (otherwise we'd already have it completed). We already do have the score card, press W, with several pages of stats... is this not enough for you? Can you be more specific in what stats you want to see?
Fordson
Captain

Post by Fordson »

A score card is ok, but what I am talking about is actual graphing of stats over a period of time. That way you can spot trends without manaully checking and logging each and every value of interest.

For example, what is the long term effect of raising certain types of taxes on GDP, employment rate, and or gross income. does it cause a temporary increase or permanent etc.

My example is the Superpower 1 or 2 system of graphing.

Very informative. A picure is worth a thousant scorecard entries.

:wink:
Gotthard
Warrant Officer

Post by Gotthard »

I don't t hink thatwould be possible... the game doesn't store the values in any text-based file outside, and while the game is running it would all be in memory... unless someone wants to go digging through a memory dump for the neccessary information, I think we're out of luck.

It certianly would simplify things... although I think a lot of what you ask should be int he game anyway... wish there was more feedback into the player actions, and costs, ect. A simple graph would do wonders.

Return to “Mods”