Any one up to it, Baloogan? user defined AI super mod detail

If you have the desire to modify SR2010 here is where you can discuss and share your designs and ideas. NOTE: Mods are a change to the original program and are not supported by BattleGoat Studios.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Any one up to it, Baloogan? user defined AI super mod detail

Post by ozmono2005 »

I wrote this in a different subject but maybe Baloogan can handle it?

Ability to predesign AI for your forces recruitment(including what units to stack and were to deploy) tactics (like a madden playbook but implemented auto on the fly depending on how you did it) tactic playbook would include battalion preferences eg. Art attack only enemy ART MLR AAetc.6b. And even ability to do this for AI in scenerio editor.
Lastly for 6a & 6b the more things (advanced options) that could be implemented to improve the AI's ability to manage yours(a) ai(b) forces recruitment and tactics would be better. The more the better in this case.
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

I don't even understand what you are asking :P
Missiles!! Nukes!
deanco
Major

Post by deanco »

Aw, c'mon Baloogan! The guy just wants you to completely redesign the AI, that's all! Take ya around 15 min, all told. Piece of cake. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DeanCo--
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

[quote="Baloogan"]I don't even understand what you are asking :P[/quote] [quote="deanco"] Aw, c'mon Baloogan! The guy just wants you to completely redesign the AI, that's all! Take ya around 15 min, all told. Piece of cake. [/quote]
Call my suggestion a scenerio editor for the AI or an AI editor. Giving the players a mod allowing them to predefine certain AI attributes. I'd love to mention far fetched exciting possiabilities about an AI editors potential. However to explain them requires either alot of specific info on my behalf and alot of passion and interest on yours. So I'll just say the more control one could have over the AI, the better.

PS. If you don't understand me than tell me were I need to make myself clear! and If you wouldn't consider this and have absolutely no interest in a AI editor than just tell me! :evil: See I think half the problem is Baloogan that you don't want to understand if it doesn't make sense intially :-? you know? much easier to dismiss :roll: something then decipherer it :o .
A little knowledge interpreted +/and explored to the limits of your imagination is infinetely more valuable than using a technically correct excuse to justify your ignorance.
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

Most of the AI is hard coded. The only bits that I've seen and played with is the AI 'what to build when' file in sr2010/AI/
Missiles!! Nukes!
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

As Baloogan says, the AI is hard coded... if there are certain AI design suggestions, let us know. We have already made some changes in the first updates and can continue to do so if the design is inline with our plans.
ozmono2005 wrote:I'd love to mention far fetched exciting possiabilities about an AI editors potential. However to explain them requires either alot of specific info on my behalf and alot of passion and interest on yours.
You have my interest! I'm not saying that anything you say will be done... (call that my disclaimer) but this is where it begins. Brainstorm, suggest, dream, envision.... I would love to be able to suggest new improvements to the AI.
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

Best Case Senario: The AI functions and subs are exported to a DLL which the superb folks at battlegoat will release the sourcecode to so everyone could edit the source of the AI. I don't think this will happen. :(
Missiles!! Nukes!
aegisx
Colonel

Post by aegisx »

yea, I'd like to see it happen as well. In my test game, it works well and is not very difficult to code (if I can do it ... ;)
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

I'll send a visual example to you legend anyone else who is interested can PM me there email or just ask me for it

Return to “Mods”