Total Conversions

If you have the desire to modify SR2010 here is where you can discuss and share your designs and ideas. NOTE: Mods are a change to the original program and are not supported by BattleGoat Studios.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

GoatFeathers
Corporal

Total Conversions

Post by GoatFeathers »

Has anyone considered doing a TC on the game? This engine is powerful enough that really the sky is the limit. A few examples, the Nepolianic Wars. Mmm.. Dragoons. :9 Giant fighting robots such as an unofficial BattleTech mod? SR4010 maybe? Another thought would be going through something like Civilization time frame. <-- This would be a hugh undertaking. Or even going with a fantasy theme. These are just thoughts, and I not saying that any of these could or even should be done, I'm just brain storming. I've only had the game for about a week, but from what I've seen of the access that BG Studios has given us, there is a ton of potential.

So what would you guys want to see?

Any chance of an SDK from BG Studios, or is that a subject for another thread?
GoatFeathers
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

I had discussed a Battletech TC idea with another forum member a few years back, but obviously due to licencing restrictions it is not something we would look at doing in studio. If someone in the community does one, I'll at least check it out :D
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Pajari
Warrant Officer

Post by Pajari »

Battletech would be pretty incredible.

How about an unnofficial Alpha Centauri II?
ainsworth74
Colonel

Post by ainsworth74 »

Pajari said:
How about an unnofficial Alpha Centauri II?
That would be good. :-)
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Sir Edmund Burke
yakaspat
Captain

Post by yakaspat »

Battletech would really cool! I haven't played that (board) game ages. I was thinking this would actually make a pretty good basis for even a 4X space conquest game (Star Wars or something cool). That's the beauty of hex-based games, the sky is the limit with regards to what genres you can apply the strategic element to.
Overlord
Lt. Colonel

Post by Overlord »

Pajari wrote:How about an unnofficial Alpha Centauri II?
:o
I second that!
That would be incredible!
arc3371
Corporal

Post by arc3371 »

I´d love to see a Warhammer 40K mod
tboy21
Major

Post by tboy21 »

me 2 !!!
:D
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Re: Total Conversions

Post by Sebastiaan »

GoatFeathers wrote:Has anyone considered doing a TC on the game? This engine is powerful enough that really the sky is the limit. A few examples, the Nepolianic Wars. Mmm.. Dragoons. :9 Giant fighting robots such as an unofficial BattleTech mod? SR4010 maybe? Another thought would be going through something like Civilization time frame. <-- This would be a hugh undertaking. Or even going with a fantasy theme. These are just thoughts, and I not saying that any of these could or even should be done, I'm just brain storming. I've only had the game for about a week, but from what I've seen of the access that BG Studios has given us, there is a ton of potential.

So what would you guys want to see?

Any chance of an SDK from BG Studios, or is that a subject for another thread?
Just thinking about the possibilities, I would realy like to see a game which starts at the industrial age and allows the player to progess their nation all the way untill the near future. We could call it the Industrial Age mod. Just imagine blitzkrieging with your german panzers through france! Or take over the world as mother rusha!

Return to “Mods”