Request: Mapeditor responds to command line.

If you have the desire to modify SR2010 here is where you can discuss and share your designs and ideas. NOTE: Mods are a change to the original program and are not supported by BattleGoat Studios.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Request: Mapeditor responds to command line.

Post by Baloogan »

To increase the ease at which modders can mod could battlegoat in update 3 make the mapeditor export unit, terrain... data without needing to go into the editor to press those buttons?
I realize that this would be a very low priority thing to do because maybe one or two people would use this functionality. :/
Missiles!! Nukes!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

...? :-?

The mapeditor does not export files...

I don't understand what you're asking for it to do... ???
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

The buttons you can press inside the map editor only IMPORT files that you create in a CSV format.
tboy21
Major

Post by tboy21 »

he means that he wants the ability to change the data of units using the mapeditor and not the windows's text editor so it would be easier to mod.

means -Add more functions to the mapeditor

another thing - please update the tutorial of mapeditor
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

There is no map editor tutorial. The mapeditor documentaion is an ongoing process. It will continue to be updated

As for making it possible to do more in the map editor, that is not likely to happen. While I can see how it would be useful (having entered 95% of the current equipment file :roll: ) the work involved is time better spent on additional content or on a next project. That would be a massive amount of work.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Mods”