Reserve Limit

If you have the desire to modify SR2010 here is where you can discuss and share your designs and ideas. NOTE: Mods are a change to the original program and are not supported by BattleGoat Studios.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Fantnet
Major

Reserve Limit

Post by Fantnet »

Is there a reserve limit per base? if so how is this represented in the equipment file
Fantnet
Major

Adding upgrade

Post by Fantnet »

How can I added upgrades to the equipment file. I am making a airfield that will only use helos that has a smaller build time for my air assault unit. Is this also reflect with the ID above 4000?

Thanks BG
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

There is a section at the bottom of the spreadsheet for upgrades. They have different column headers if you scroll just above the entries.

You need to fill in the data. Use a facility that is close to what you want to add.

What do you mean by "will only use helos"? The function of an "airbase" ie what it can build is hard coded. Reserve limits for bases was going to be an optional rule, default off, but didn't get implimented since there seemed to be no demand for it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fantnet
Major

Post by Fantnet »

I mean it can only land helos and not aircraft. Thats why it would have a lower build time
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

You can give it a try but I'm not sure if you'll be able to do that. Haven't looked at the upgrades section of the spreadsheet in more than a year. Hasn't changed in a while.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fantnet
Major

Post by Fantnet »

Yea you can... that doent seem to be the problem. I think it is the ID cause I used the same data as the Airstrip but edit the values. I have been using the blank values that are already there like 4064 and so on.
Fantnet
Major

Post by Fantnet »

what do those stand for?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The blank lines except for the ID and a number? Nothing, just place holders. We put them there because that is the number of upgrades the game engine is currently designed to be able to handle. We left plenty of room for expansion in that area.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fantnet
Major

Post by Fantnet »

Balthagor:

I am able to place the upgrade within the map editor, however they icon doesnt show IE the airstrip icon with the editor they are just black spots. this may be part of my next question why am I not able build them when in the game?

I copied all the info for the airstrip and edit them as a "air assault airfield". I used one of the unused id im not sure what else to do?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Won't be able to look into this quite yet, as mentioned, I haven't looked at facilities section of the equipment file in quite a while and even then, George did most of that work. For now, moding of that section is unsupported. I'd suggest bumping this in a week or two, I'll need to try it for myself again at some point.

For the picture, be sure that you're pointing to the same unitpic #. And the panel at the bottom in the map editor does not pull the pictures on the fly, that is a separate index graphic. It does not need to show there to work.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fantnet
Major

Post by Fantnet »

Ok thanks, Ill wait for a while.

Return to “Mods”