New member asking for equipment files.

If you have the desire to modify SR2010 here is where you can discuss and share your designs and ideas. NOTE: Mods are a change to the original program and are not supported by BattleGoat Studios.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

BG
Warrant Officer

New member asking for equipment files.

Post by BG »

Congrats for the nice game you made.
I am still trying to figure out some things since its very complex but generally looks good.

So my question is:how to modify(either change unit stats or add new units including missles)equipment files for the exisitng senario-campaingns?I dont want to make a new one.I just want to play a region up to world conquest with some additional units and different stats.
So anybody who can provide a step by step how to for the above?Please if you do know try to be as specific and explanatory as possible.
Thanks.

P.S. I already tried the mods for similar questions but i managed todo nothing so HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP.BTW any units editor available so far?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

There are a few threads in this section that discuss modding the equipment file but we usually only provide information on creating custom equipement files since changing your default.uni for the original game maps will cause sync errors if you try and multiplay with anyone that does not have the same version as you're using.

Adding units to the default.uni for custom sceanrios is detailed in the mapeditor documentation, section 1-I

http://www.sr2010.com/files/Map%20Edito ... %201.1.pdf

You can get the latest version of the equipment file here;

http://www.sr2010.com/files/SRUNITS_user.zip

And you can probably find additional information in the modding section of the Wiki

http://www.supremewiki.com/Modding
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
BG
Warrant Officer

Post by BG »

I had done what you mentioned and tried them as well but nothing.Anyway if you whould be that kind to tell me more specifically(step by step)how to do it.I whould be very happy. :-)

Of cource if any member fot the forum knows it whould be much appreciated.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

try this thread;

http://www.bgforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=5473

instead of me going through the steps, let me know what you've done and where it's not working. Have you saved it as .CSV? Did you import it? Do you see your new units when playing custom maps?...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
BG
Warrant Officer

Post by BG »

Ok here is what i did.
1st of all i want to say that i am interested of playing the original campaigns but with modified units.Not custom senarios.

I downloaded the units zip pack that was mentioned and unziped it to the custom folder of the game.I make changes in the xls. file and save it with them.Then i reopen the .xls and save as .csv file which i name SRUNITS.csv(the original i had in the custom folder is made copy somewhere else and then deleted from custom folder).So with the .csv that i have made(still in custom folder)i go to map editor and press import equipment file after which i wait untill loading and then quit.After that i start a campaign but no changes appear.
Is the problem in the above procedure?I read somewhere that the modified csv i have made should be copied in other folder and not the SR2010\Custom.Is that it?
I am pretty sure that the changes i make to the units and the adds are properly made so the whole things has to do with the above procedure.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Okay, here's the next three things to check...

1st, did you close the .CSV file before going to the mapeditor and chosing import? If it is open Excel interferes with the import

2nd, If it was closed, you should now have a new Default.uni file in /CUSTOM/DATA. Check the date stamp to confirm this. If the date stamp is of the day you imported, the import worked fine. All maps in the /CUSTOM folder will now use this equipement file.

3rd, go into the game. Chose single player - scenario. When in the single player lobby, to the left of the list of scenarios are options for scenario/load/custom. Chose custom. I think the Australia scenario is there by default, I've copied every scenario into the custom folder by copying the .GMC, .GAM and .MAP into /CUSTOM so I see every scenario. If you play a scenario from this list that is set to the equipment file name of Default.uni (which all the original scenarios are) you should have all your new equipment entries. If not, the entries have errors.

The last step your looking for of having campaign scenarios use your new equipment file is unsupported (meaning we can't help you) is detailed on http://www.supremewiki.com/Modding but there you're on your own.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
BG
Warrant Officer

Post by BG »

I did as you told me to and find out a way to achieve my task.However when i start a game i face a totall elipse of pictures and instead i have white staff on the map.It also seems that the new SRUNITS.csv is smaller than the original 700+ by 100+kb so it might be the same problem someone else mentioned in design senario threads.
Any ideas?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Not really :-? I'll check the file that is on the server again to see if there is a problem/missing column there, but I had checked it once and found no problems.

Maybe e-mail me your .XLS file and your new Default.uni file so I can take a look at that also.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I just tried it again and had no problems. I downloaded the file, copied an existing entry to a new line, gave it a new number and name, saved as .CSV and closed. After importing I went into a custom game and saw the units without any problems.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
BG
Warrant Officer

Post by BG »

Is it possible then that the problem i mentioned has to do with only existing senario/campaign additions and not custom ones?I had the idea to copy the modified .uni that is in the custom folder to the one in maps section because i couldnt think of another way to make the addition.
Anyway how do you guys are/will add new units for the exisitng senarios/campaings in future patches?
I also PM a moder who seems to have managed to add units so i am waiting to see what can be done.
BG
Warrant Officer

Post by BG »

Anybody?
Something?
Someone who had same problems and found solution or knows how to mod succesfully the game?
I feel like been in a desert with nobody to help around. 8_ ???
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Sorry for the delay, I've been off sick for the last week.
BG wrote:Is it possible then that the problem i mentioned has to do with only existing senario/campaign additions and not custom ones?
It is possible, I've only been testing modding custom maps. I know you're looking for suppot with modding the original files, but as I mentioned, we don't provide any support for that. You're on the right track talking with ppl who have done it themselves.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Mods”