Figure this one out

If you have the desire to modify SR2010 here is where you can discuss and share your designs and ideas. NOTE: Mods are a change to the original program and are not supported by BattleGoat Studios.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Lamb Chop
Lieutenant

Figure this one out

Post by Lamb Chop »

Ok here it goes.

I edited the SRUnits.xls file which i downloaded from here. Saved it as a different name, than saved as SRUnits.csv. (I have tried saving excel delimited CSV and MS Dos CSV).

I open the map editor, import the file everything works fine.

I put the outputted uni file into my default location (I did take a backup don't worry.

Boot the game, load any scenario or mission and all my unit gfx's are missing they are replaced with a white blank square.

Also as far as i could tell all bases are converted to some sort of unit.

Now, i did not mess around with any values except several units that i wanted some changes on, thee are usually on unit strengths and tech preq's...

I do have a strong suspicion this has something to do with stupid excel 2003 and it's bloody autocorrect etc tendencies.

Squad weights, Days to build and various other values are with a comma. Can someone confirm or deny that is the source of my problem?

If the file is comma seperated won't SR interpret those commas as another field while reading the file? If that is the case, (I know it is provided as is) but shouldn't the devs or whoever released the equipment file thought of it?
Lamb Chop
Lieutenant

Post by Lamb Chop »

Fixed it.

It is the bloody annoying regional settings in windows.

Since i live in Turkey i set it to Turkey. Some genious in Microsoft thinks we use comma instead of period for decimal numbers here. and this has been the case ever since Windows 95. For some reason they are refusing to correct it. :evil:

Return to “Mods”