Build capacities per region

If you have the desire to modify SR2010 here is where you can discuss and share your designs and ideas. NOTE: Mods are a change to the original program and are not supported by BattleGoat Studios.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Jan
Captain

Build capacities per region

Post by Jan »

As chris said in the subject Roadways and parking lots for aircraft ? :
Balthagor wrote:(...)Build capacities per region were much too high in SR2010 (on of the reasons for so many failing economies since they tried to always use every slot) as well as the availability of military goods with which to build the units. If these are reduced the total army sizes will not grow nearly as fast.
It sounds a good things to try to mod . How could we do it? By modifying the building capacities of the bases? By raising the military goods requirements for every units? By limitating the military good production capacity?

Did anyone already tried to mod that and what were the reults?

cheers,

Jan
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

I have a file started somewhere that I was experimenting with this. Never got around to finishing it..

You could easily decrease the build slots per base for land, air and sea. IIRC missiles is always twice what air build is, I think that is hard coded. THe problem is that maps would need to also be rebalanced to produce less military goods or they would just be more readily available. Who knows, over the next while I might go back to the mod I started and try to finish it...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Jan
Captain

Post by Jan »

good to know Chris, thanks.

it's definitely something that block the fun that one can have when he play versus the AI.

cheers,

Jan

Return to “Mods”