New Mod on Wiki - World War IV

If you have the desire to modify SR2010 here is where you can discuss and share your designs and ideas. NOTE: Mods are a change to the original program and are not supported by BattleGoat Studios.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Hmmm, you seem to be sick an awful lot lately.

You are aware you cant die til youve completed at least 4 games in the sr20-- series right ? :P

So go out and eat some steak and other good bloody red meats !

Youve got ALOT of work to get done :P
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

ya, thanks :P

Still home today, should be back at it tomorrow. Had a nice stay at the hospital night before last...

but I'm feeling much better now...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Balthagor wrote: but I'm feeling much better now...
"Hmmmmmmm"----- tkobo's image wavers (like its hidden behind a wave of heat) (as a flashback begins) ------

CART MASTER:
Bring out your dead!
[clang]
Bring out your dead!
[clang]
Bring out your dead!
[clang]

Bring out your dead!
[clang]
Bring out your dead!
[cough cough...]
[clang]
[...cough cough]
Bring out your dead!
[clang]
Bring out your dead!
[clang]
Bring out your dead! Ninepence.
[clang]
Bring out your dead!
[clang]
Bring out your dead!
[clang]
Bring out...
[rewr!]
...your dead!
[rewr!]
[clang]
Bring out your dead!

CUSTOMER:
Here's one.

CART MASTER:
Ninepence.
DEAD PERSON:
I'm not dead!
CART MASTER:
What?
CUSTOMER:
Nothing. Here's your ninepence.
DEAD PERSON:
I'm not dead!
CART MASTER:
'Ere. He says he's not dead!
CUSTOMER:
Yes, he is.
DEAD PERSON:
I'm not!
CART MASTER:
He isn't?
CUSTOMER:
Well, he will be soon. He's very ill.
DEAD PERSON:
I'm getting better!
CUSTOMER:
No, you're not. You'll be stone dead in a moment.
CART MASTER:
Oh, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations.
DEAD PERSON:
I don't want to go on the cart!
CUSTOMER:
Oh, don't be such a baby.
CART MASTER:
I can't take him.
DEAD PERSON:
I feel fine!
CUSTOMER:
Well, do us a favour.
CART MASTER:
I can't.
CUSTOMER:
Well, can you hang around a couple of minutes? He won't be long.
CART MASTER:
No, I've got to go to the Robinsons'. They've lost nine today.
CUSTOMER:
Well, when's your next round?
CART MASTER:
Thursday.
DEAD PERSON:
I think I'll go for a walk.
CUSTOMER:
You're not fooling anyone, you know. Look. Isn't there something you can do?
DEAD PERSON: [singing]
I feel happy. I feel happy.
[whop]
CUSTOMER:
Ah, thanks very much.
CART MASTER:
Not at all. See you on Thursday.

Tkobo comes back into view, looks at the dev and says "Ummm, stay away from carts for a while,okay ?" :P

(((above flashback made possible by those geniuses of comedy "Monty Python" )))
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

To that I say Ni
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I fixed the file, I had just zipped it inside a folder. Updated the file, just re-download and follow the instructions.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

will do, get back to you on the feedback you want.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Some pros and cons so far. I like the idea of the once sea pier, now sea bases being able to build units, it adds more of a value to me to not scrap sea bases and I like the looks of the ship yard.

However, don't like Large Bases only being able to build 4 units at a time. Large bases was and still is my most used type of base. But I understand the reduction in build cap keeps the AI from building up hundreds of units.

In all with what I seen, like the mod. Just haven't had the time to really test it.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

BTW, there are still sea piers (build cap 0), the shipyard (build cap 3) is new and the naval base had it's cap reduced (build cap 1).

The overall reduced build cap comes from things we have been investigating for SR2020. In SR2010 build capacities where artificially high. We could still make a base with a build cap greater than 4 but than we need less total bases. Modding it that way was easier than trying to strip out lots of bases (which are often full of reserves).
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

I could be wrong, as i dont have alot of experience with the mod, but i think the reduced army size and build cap is gonna backfire.

Currently in a non-mod game,the vast amount of AI forces are spread all over the place trying to protect everything they own.
So even though that purpose is questionable, the large amount of units do serve a purpose the AI thinks it needs.

By reducing the amount of starter units and the build cap, you reduce the amount of units the AI has to send to perform the above purpose.AND that purpose overides the AI's "send units into actual battle" purpose.

So you end up with even less units commited to actually fighting a war than before the mod.

Now ive only watched this play out once, so it could just be a misinterpretation on my part, or a special case,etc..

But i went to war with France as Spain, and 7 months later not a single french unit had advanced on or into spanish territory despite there not being a single spanish unit to stop them.

Yet when i looked , the french had more than a few units "protecting" cities that were under no threat what so ever.

So i have to wonder,if the reduced amount of units is actually a bad thing, if the AIs allocation by purpose of said units is not also changed.
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

tkobo wrote:I could be wrong, as i dont have alot of experience with the mod, but i think the reduced army size and build cap is gonna backfire....

...But i went to war with France as Spain, and 7 months later not a single french unit had advanced on or into spanish territory despite there not being a single spanish unit to stop them...
Well a reduced build cap is only one of the changes for SR2020, having it move out more with its units is yet another issue (the whole AI stuff is it's own topic that we've all talked about before). And if we reduced build cap for AI and players we should still retain a balance without the player being so quickly overwhelmed with unmanagable force sizes.

But for now, it's just an experiment. I've not had much time to play it myself either so not sure what even I think yet...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: well the naval bases look like piers to me last nite, what happens sometimes to me when I stay up late, I'll see things when I'm sleepy. But really on the reduction in build cap, think it might be helpful in a long running game. At least it would take the AI twice, if not more, as long to get the big blobs of units, which will help with game performance. Course not sure on that.

Also something else along the idea of 3 types of naval bases, how about 3 types of air bases too.

Air strip, Air port, and Air base. 0, 1 or 2, and 3 for the build caps. Just a thought.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I did consider that but decided against it. Maybe in a later version...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Wouldn't hurt, for testing anyway. Doesn't even have to be the world war 3 scenario. Just some small 3 region scenario.

Until then, saw something funny while playing World war 4. The WM was selling only one barrel of oil for $125. The funny thing about this is one barrel of oil wouldn't go far. Got examples of Uranium, power, and MG/s being the same way.

I actually like the reduction in build cap. Now I could replace a combination of bases for Large bases. 4 outposts, 2 small ones or a med and outpost. So, now I can have more large bases, while keeping my build cap in check below the highest region's build cap. An example be the US having 94 for its build cap. As Germany I could build a combo of 15 large bases and airbases to match the US, but this is not counting naval yards or naval bases. The only problem would be manpower.

So I'm really liking the change to build cap, others may have other opinions though.

Also like the engineers fighting capabilties being reduced, their more like Light Infantry but can help build things too. Haven't watched this, but the reduction may cause the AI to built other units instead. I hope so because even with the reduction, the engineers be hard to root out because of their defense rating.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The small amount of WM goods is mentioned in the readme, had to add it so that more regions would export their extra goods.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Oh, I understand that. Was just funny seeing the WM selling only one barrel of oil. The WM must be having a rough time or something.

Return to “Mods”