Is anyone still capable of finishing the tech tree

Discuss Research and Social Aspects of the game here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Well some people may start in places where they don't live but not me. I wanted to try out all the US's toys first. Think i killed over 150 million :evil: :lol: with peacemakers and that was fun. :lol:. And actaully i even started in my home state too. Too bad we don' have much to fight with. But if i could get screen shots on here i can show people what i have done in 43 :o years.

bergsjaeger= mountain hunter
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

and something about the eff. of research i have got it up to 256% :o I had to take out 3 regions in the North America scenario though to get it that high. And i'm putting in 41000+ :o a day into research now.

Bergsjaeger= mountain hunter
FastBoy101
Captain

Post by FastBoy101 »

How can you get a good efficiency?...

I started with 83% efficiency, and it went down to the toilet: 51%. Even with recommended education and research.

I kept 35-40% of the funding to efficiency, and generally more of the rest to technology.

Anyway... it keeps down so how do you bring the research to be efficient?
Big stuff from K5
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Theres currently a wierd bug in the research efficiency that makes it drop if changes are made to the slider settings.

The way i get a good efficiency is too build alot of facilities and than set the slider to about 70% tech- 30% efficiency than way over invest.
I invest as much as i can afford ,trying to max it.

Best ive seen myself lately was like circa 170%

Oh also dont forget to research those nice techs that add to research efficiency.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

bergsjaeger wrote:and something about the eff. of research i have got it up to 256% :o I had to take out 3 regions in the North America scenario though to get it that high. And i'm putting in 41000+ :o a day into research now.

Bergsjaeger= mountain hunter
Thats all you got it too tut tut...

I got mine to 356% as Korea, I've taken all of china mind you :D I suppose the population (1.2bil) will help alot.

I was only putting 14,000bil a day in tho. I've gone up more than 10 tech lvls in 3 years as Korea due too my Radical Reforms (and the massive war on China... 3500 Chinese battlions lost 200 Korean loses And they were only because I just swarmed Airbases without using my expensive Airpower why use a billion dollar plane when you can just lose a couple of 100 men when they are firing at them with rifles. Tip Max Military Wages and Maintence if you can afford it 106% eff I had :P on defcon 3)

P.S I always just put 50% into eff and 50% into Tech (not tech level) and my tech lvl goes up anyway sooo....
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

Well us here + devs could try a colaberation to get this done.

1Get people willing to help out to put there name down.
2Split up exactly what needs to be done and based on that set a loose time frame(the more people the shorter time frame, not everyone can be expected to completely finish but it should be a step in the right direction.)
3.Assign people to different areas like land, sea, air or if had enough people for land have art, inf, aa, at, recon, trans/spply and so on for all three services.
4. Whoever done the tech descritions (Very nice by the way) can give some general guidlines were to get certain levels of detail +many have already listed sights about current military specs so maybe some people will know
5. Once the time frames up combine the results and let anyone+devs double check them + discuss and disagree whatever they like
6. Devs have final say

Anyway heres the place to start talking about it, so what do you reckon?

and TO DEVS would you support it and organise it?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Sorry, I'm lost, what is it you're hoping to see expanded? Tech tree?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

I was thinking the military part of the tech tree. Like units

People just gathering a little info(based on advise by whoever wrote the already existing and great tech info)

So people do a tiny tech biography plus design a unit that they think suits the tech

eg. Unmaned Land Reconaisence Vechile. Needs satelites GPS obviously, intiative is low, defense capabilities are low, combat power is almost none exisitent, cost a lot to build but requires no manpower and has a good spotting range

than future techs could further upgrade it. Such as AI target verification would allow a Unmaned Land Reconaisence Vechile to have some fighting capabilities

just an eg
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Tech tree and units are, while linked, two different things. We are working on expanding the equipment list but currently no new technologies are planned
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

To be more specific.

To get a unit you need a unit design to be researched, a tech level and/or a scientific/tranport/medical/social or some other kind of research

I am not suggesting that the members do this, in a manner that would be able to be implemented straight into the game,

rather I am suggesting that the members design future units and write a small suggestion on what is required before one can build it. EDIT+info on any non exsistent technology like a small biography

But as you said your time is occupied, so maybe its just something, you could hold onto and if you wanted to rapidly expand unit designs+mil tech it might be quicker to use whatever member support you can gather
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Well future unit ideas are of course welcome, and what you're suggesting is happening a little, but if you want to encourage more ppl to submit ideas, feel free :wink:
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

Well I will but not really soon because my time allocated to this game is being consumed by testing the nitty gritty of the economic model and testing specifics sometimes by designing scenerios and I'm planning to add scenerios that would be suitable and able to fit in and expand on current campaigns.

EDIT: + I'm obviously still having a lot of fun just playing to win in the different circumstances

So all I can do to encourage others is ask

Anyone up to it?
zwhuang
Lieutenant

end of tech research

Post by zwhuang »

so anyone noe wat the highest tech level for the current version
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

There is no limit to the tech lvl a region can reach, however the tech tree runs out around 2026 (lvl 126)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
BG
Warrant Officer

Post by BG »

Balthagor wrote:There is no limit to the tech lvl a region can reach, however the tech tree runs out around 2026 (lvl 126)

I do remember in a game that included the bug about overinflated values to see tech level of 300-400 numbers.Is it part of that bug or simply the engine allows endless numbers of techs if someone wishes to add them?

Return to “Department of Interior - Research and Social Services”