Shorting the Enviornment.

Discuss Research and Social Aspects of the game here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

isupreme
Captain

Shorting the Enviornment.

Post by isupreme »

I keep wondering what effects im supposed to see from short changing the budget on Environment.

?

and for that matter.... cultural and some others.
november
Lieutenant

Post by november »

These things affect your DAR and how well you're viewed by the WM. Could be important in a unifacation scenario.
isupreme
Captain

Post by isupreme »

This speaks to the general issue involved in cutting funding.

Good answer but i am looking for information that would help me make decisions on an individual basis.

For example, what happens ( game is so thick i cant tell by doing it) if i keep the social levels generaly high but totally zero the enviornment.
? do the citys become uninhabitable? Does agriculture hurt?

I cant tell from playing.
SheepRock
Sergeant

Post by SheepRock »

It seems as though the 8 seb-sections of the social spending panel pretty much do the same thing in terms of its affect on DAR.

but you raise an interesting point: there should be more specific consequences for not spending in an area that clearly affects your entire region.

My solution for the environmental: Have the environmental setting have a much higher impact on DAR, but the cost increases with your industrial output, particullarly in mines, coal and oil planets, and industry goods.

In other words, have crappy industry and environment wont cost very much, and you can have happy people on the cheap. build your industry and now you have to spend much more just to conteract the effects on pollution. you need to spend more on environment just to blank out the negative impact these industries have. shorting the environent would then cause an increasing problem with your DAR, to reflect the fact that the pollution level in your region is not being dealt with properly.
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Environment has also some influence on your tourism rating...

Btw there are a lot of countries in this world that don't give a damm
about environment... :-(

Cheers
SheepRock
Sergeant

Post by SheepRock »

yeah, and look at the result. We have to spend more money now to counteract the damages caused by years of neglect.... not like were actually going to do that, but hey, im hopeful.
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

When I get a chance I'll document the factors and effects of each social spending item... but I actually want this tweaked a little and some of the weighting adjusted first.

fyi... Obviously the most notable effect on the social spending items is the Infrastructure spending on the Supply Model.
- David
SheepRock
Sergeant

Post by SheepRock »

....and therefore is the only thing people seem to care about when it comes to social spending... all the tutorials out there including the ones by the devs all say the same thing: Jack up your infrastructure spending.

its at the point where its a foregone conclusion to have that set high regardless of your economic situation... without an effective counterbalance to this you might as well just make the slider permenantly set to max on the next update so that we can save a few more clicks of the mouse.

Perhaps the infrastructure slider (hell, all of em) could impact the unemployment rating more,and maybe the total income - publically employed people are afterall not a financial resource to its government - to reflect the effect corruption has in big government?

Maybe have this effect become even more apperant if law enforcement spending is down...
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

SheepRock wrote:....and therefore is the only thing people seem to care about when it comes to social spending...
Good point SheepRock (for some reason i like that nickname ... :D )

Maybe the infrastructure funds should be replaced to the Treasury or
Commerce department...

Cheers
SheepRock
Sergeant

Post by SheepRock »

im thinking more along the lines of "what is the negative impact of having a kickass hyway system", and the answer i keep getting is "less tax revenue/less unemployment" because of all those hired workers needed by the state to fill the cracks in the ashphalt.

Return to “Department of Interior - Research and Social Services”