Metal Storm Tech

Discuss Research and Social Aspects of the game here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

The_Lightning_Count
Warrant Officer

Metal Storm Tech

Post by The_Lightning_Count »

When I researched it (during update 2) on the France campaign, my approval rating dropped with the World Market from 80-85 all the way to rock bottom. Eventhough I made peace with everyone, their belli bars kept going up and the drop in WM ratings came straight from metal storm tech.

Is there a bug with the metal storm tech that raises hostilities a lot more than intended? I also researched all 3 of the metal storm units but they weren't marked as something that lowers WM opinion.

I guess this post could be put under tech or diplomacy section of the forum, but what the heck. Anyone know what might be going wrong?
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Well the Tech Says that it is unfavorable...

Are you the Greatest Military Power in the Scenario?

If you are the World Market might see it as you are planning military action...

But still 80% to 0% is a VERY big drop its not even that bad when you declare war on some1 with 0% beli bar rating...
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

There be an unrelated bug here, the technology may have nothing to do with the approval drop. Anyone else seen this when researching the tech?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Nope my approval is usually good with the people and the WM
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Lamb Chop
Lieutenant

Post by Lamb Chop »

I have,
Playing the world scenario as europe. Made Non aggression pacts with everyone and allied with NA. Giving everyone some money every day to keep them happy etc. But farther i research technologies higher the belli bar goes.

Eventually, Russia Declared war, Middle East juts a day after, Than came africa. As soon as i defeated russia (They really were not expecting 10 groups of 2 Mechanized Infantry, 2 Tank, 1 Recon, 1 AA, 1 Artillery to make a push for moscow from 3 directions with plenty of chopper and air support:) ) Sout East asia jumped the bash the europe bandwagon.

I have it under control atm but i have a feeling i might need to start lobbing nukes about pretty soon.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: I used the nukes in the beginning of the Worldmap. But I had metal storm in the first scenario.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Lamb Chop wrote:...Playing the world scenario as europe...
You're looking at something different. The first post indicated a drop in World Market opinion. If you're on the world map, there is no WM...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Department of Interior - Research and Social Services”