Figuring out Research

Discuss Research and Social Aspects of the game here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

coalde
Corporal

Figuring out Research

Post by coalde »

I was wondering if anyone knew how the research time for a given tech is worked out. My initial thought was that it was;

total research cost of tech / (total reasearch dollars * research efficiency * % of research alloted to tech) = number of days for tech

Now the above is based on researching a single tech at a time, and I can certainly tell you it is not even close (in my current game, based on my calculation a tech that should 13 days is taking closer to 80).

Am I missing something?
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

I thought there were some research values(like varying efficiencies) in the tech files somewhere, but maybe I am thinking of another game....
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Re: Figuring out Research

Post by The_Blind_One »

coalde wrote:I was wondering if anyone knew how the research time for a given tech is worked out. My initial thought was that it was;

total research cost of tech / (total reasearch dollars * research efficiency * % of research alloted to tech) = number of days for tech

Now the above is based on researching a single tech at a time, and I can certainly tell you it is not even close (in my current game, based on my calculation a tech that should 13 days is taking closer to 80).

Am I missing something?
Yes well, research is more than just. I give u 100M in 1 day for a 100M tech and I get it. Technology takes time to develop. More money speeds it up but is not the definitive cause for research development. This is done in such a way that people will develop multiple researches at the same time because it won't make that much of a difference anyway :).
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Il Duce »

From "The Mythical Man-Month"

If it takes a woman nine months to have a baby, then we should certainly be able to accelerate that by getting nine women to work on it.
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].

Return to “Department of Interior - Research and Social Services”