Number of RD centers

Discuss Research and Social Aspects of the game here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

don don
Warrant Officer

Number of RD centers

Post by don don »

Does it makes sence to build more than 1 research centers? I only research 1 thing at a time, but it doesn't seem to go faster, it just takes more money
red
General

Post by red »

Each research centre increases the number of slots available and the amount of money which can be invested. So while the extra slots may not do much good, the money might. If you aren't seeing a noticeable difference, you just aren't spending enough--with a large number of centres and much funding, research can go much faster. I think research caps may be affected by GDP too, though, so you may not always see an increase in possible investment?
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

Actually the research isn't neccesarely capped by the gdp/c.

It's more that the COST for paying for research goes higher the more your gdp/c is. You got to pay those researchers more wage ;) the higher your gdp/c becomes, but generally if your gdp/c is high then u have alot of things going for you and thus research goes faster :D
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

What te real intresting question would be whether the difference in effectiveness between 1 and 2 reasearch centers while spending the same ammount on research, justified it construction cost
szabfer
Captain

Post by szabfer »

Just my 2 cents...
In a separate topic here (http://www.bgforums.com/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=) we discussed with a dev that even the fact that you have more slots will speed up the research speed of a single tech as well.

While Iassumed that it is because I can pump in more money into research if I have more labs, the guy wrote that it is not so simple.

So actually it seems that if we research only 1 tech and pump in the same money in it, it will be faster if we have more "empty" slots.

I couldn't verify this yet, but if someone have time to do that... :)
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

there is a few ways to make research on techs faster.

1. more centers. it will add more money to ur cap spending more than one center will keep ur eff from going down. but too many centers will lower ur eff.

2. putting more cap money to the techs. But this too will lower ur eff if u don't put enough money into eff.

I use 10% to tech level and 45% to both eff and techs.

3. Taking over another region. adds people to ur region which adds people to ur centers and add more money to the money cap.

and yes one tech at a time does go faster. But with techs u can research at times 2 or more if u have alot of money going into research.

research one tech that will take 25 days then decide to research another tech that be 30 days. the total days for both techs be 55 days but if u research both together the days are maybe 40. so u save 15 days to research a 3rd tech 15 days early that u would have waited on until the 2nd tech was finished.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.

Return to “Department of Interior - Research and Social Services”