Research efficiency boosters... do they work...?

Discuss Research and Social Aspects of the game here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

BigStone
General

Research efficiency boosters... do they work...?

Post by BigStone »

I've a very stable economy in Mongolia now...
I've researched -Advanced Communications -
It should give me a 5% improvement to my research efficiency...
but it doesn't.... :evil:
Instead i've a now a DECLINING eff.
dropping from a stable 120% to a 117% in no time......

Damn... i will probably meet Slash in a drugstore.. buying tranquillizers.. :D
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

I'm continuing the same game for a few game months and didn't change anything

The research efficiency has dropped from a stable 120% to a stable 114%

-->

Research improvements projects works in a OPPOSITE way..... :cry:
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

I'll check into this... get back to you shortly.

-- George.
skm
Sergeant

Post by skm »

I've too noticed a decrease in the research efficiency after researching Advanced Communication. May be it was caused by some other factors, but I certainly didn't lower research spending.
Gripen
Sergeant

*Bump* Was there ever an answer to this?

Post by Gripen »

I too experienced a decline in Research Efficiency after a researching a + Research tech.

I assumed the game wasn't bugged and I chalked the problem off to me somehow fouling up my economy at the same time.

After seeing these posts, I'm not so sure now...

Perhaps a few people could post verifying they've experienced a proper increase in Research efficiency to try to verify if it's just us, cmon Tkobo, Bergsj! What have you guys seen?! :wink:

gripen
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Well, I have similar experiences but I just cant put my finger on what might be the cause of it.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

I dont know if they work.I can say this for a bunch of the techs that give bonuses though.

Id say best thing to do, was bring it to the devs attention like you did and wait for their answer.

Changes to social services spending , dar ,and gdp/c can change the amount of spending assigned to research automactically if the bar is locked.

So i guess if you had those stable or in an increasing state, and than completed the tech and it fell, you'd have some possible evidence that they didnt work as intended.

Do we even know if they are a +5% of the actual efficiency %, or just a flat +5% ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

As for research eff. I have seen ways to raise it. One way is of course taking over another region. That seems to boost up the eff and spending. The techs i wonder about is the ones that suppose to help ur research eff. I have researched them before and they didn't help my eff. Matter fact I have seen my eff drop after I researched those techs and this was with spending set to the max with the spending divided between eff and techs (60 for eff 40 to techs usually). Not sure if the techs even work after several expericences like that. But I have seen it also help my eff just not much as I hoped it would. It could be other things happening. Like the number of research centers. I usually divid my population by 2 and built research centers by the number I come up with. Over that actually hurt my eff. Proably does that with everyone else too. ( :lol: course ppl may have differnet math they do for that too) As tkobo said social spending (especially education), DAR, and GDp are factors. Any of them go down it will affect ur research.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Well, I know that raising military salaries improves research efficiency.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

We have not yet found any reason that these should not be working as described, I've researched a number of them and believed that I did see the benefit, but it is particularly difficult to measure. If someone thinks they have a case of it not working correctly, a save a few days before the tech completes research would allow us to analyze it, but as far as we know it is not broken.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Eric Larsen
Colonel

Education efficiency works

Post by Eric Larsen »

I researched the digital social services tech and it did seem to give me a better education rating. I did get it up to 104%, but then I put more investment into it than recommended and also started working up my general tech and research efficiency percentages over researching goodies. I still don't think it gave me quite the 5% I was expecting as I think my education rating should have gone over 105% as several of the other social services were over 100% without the level of investment I put into education.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Chris

I've send you a saved game about the things in my first post.
I place the comments here so others may found simular things

If you finish the project you will see an increase in the eff.
But if you remove the project (queue is now empty) just before finishing it you will also see the same behaviour :-?

If you start another project (like waste management) just after finnishing
you will see that the eff will drop :-?

Me headache :lol:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

I'll take a look but without even looking at the savegame I can think of one possibility for the decline when you add waste management to the queue - if you have investment set for example to 100M split 20-60-20 in lvl-tech-eff but the tech "costs" 10M (don't bother asking how to figure out what it "costs", long standing argument between George and I...) you are pushing 50M more at the tech than can be spent. That would be split 50/50 into lvl and eff (giving 45M in each). So if you suddenly replace that tech with another that "costs" 60M per day, you will essentially be pulling 25M per day away from efficiency, cutting spending in that area by more than 50%...

that's as far as I can think it through right now, my head hurts too... ;)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Department of Interior - Research and Social Services”