Has anyone ever tried to win a game by immigration/emmigrat-

Discuss Research and Social Aspects of the game here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

hmmm I see u optimised facility placement.

How many years have u been running this specific scenario (as north america) now?

I find it amazing ur economy barely grew gdp/c wise, however u did maximise net profits :D

I also suspect you've been running a negative gdp/c growth for the past couple of months...? hence the 7.7% unemployment.

Although I might be wrong with that, it seems that the economy works totally different on the world scale, well for as far as I've seen. :-)

Thanks Tkobo, have u ever tried increasing ur economy btw?

I see u've had lots of years time to expand, yet ur still only 21000 in gdp/c terms. And why the heck are u supporting reckless AI regions anyway 8_ :D ?

Thanks for the data, I'll see if I can run a sustained test with north america, I'll see if I can boost my economy to $50,000 gdp/c sustained with a positive trade balance :D, my biggest concern is that profits will decline cause resource extraction becomes more limited to lower capacity facilities :D
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

I dont really try to raise my gdp/c any more. I used to when the economy could be driven by research and hyper inflation.

But now i just strive to raise my treasury income- profit.

My experience with the new patches is that if you raise gdp/c ,you likely lower profit.

The GDP/c was at about 30k when i was running research.But since my tech is now at 134,theres no point to research other than the gdp/c boost and it cuts profits hugely.
I dont see any reason why you couldnt hit the 50k gdp/c mark, but i dont think it would give me the profit to keep the rest of the world solvent as i am currently spending over 1 trillion in aid to the AI regions a year

I am keeping the AI regions alive to see how well they do with certain types of help.
IE- how the AI region does if i eliminate a shortage they are experiencing.
IE- how the AI region does if i give them huge amounts of funds.

etc...

I am also going to see if seperating the AI regions with a wall of my units, so they cant fight each other, than wiping out most of their build capacity will get them to diplomatically like each other again.

Trade dries up as wars are declared becuase the regions cant afford to buy anything.
So the world map is a very bad one to try and maintain a large trade economy,unless you go in and alter the AI regions so that they get along better ( reduce their build caps,give them treaties with each other ,etc..)

Because once the wars start, and they start fairly early,the trade will dry up fast.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

True Tkobo.

I know that driving ur your gdp/c with research is an easy way but doesn't actually result in REAL BASE growth as what I am trying to achieve :D

You see, my goal is to have a gdp/c of $50,000 and milk that baby just like you do by maximising income :D but technictly I should get twice the amount of income as you do with my gdp/c of $50,000 cause they have twice the money to burn :D

That's my goal, not just to see how high I can get my economy, but to grow it larger and make it more profitable at the same time, and to eventually beat the others economictly :wink:

I've managed to double (more like triple) the economy of venezuela AND increasing net profits! That's my goal, I agree with you that you should not have an economy based on inflation, my goal is to increase your national income by increasing gdp/c, cause thats what the new modifications to the economic system allow :D
Eric Larsen
Colonel

Building a Better Economy

Post by Eric Larsen »

The_Blind_One wrote:True Tkobo.

I know that driving ur your gdp/c with research is an easy way but doesn't actually result in REAL BASE growth as what I am trying to achieve :D

You see, my goal is to have a gdp/c of $50,000 and milk that baby just like you do by maximising income :D but technictly I should get twice the amount of income as you do with my gdp/c of $50,000 cause they have twice the money to burn :D

That's my goal, not just to see how high I can get my economy, but to grow it larger and make it more profitable at the same time, and to eventually beat the others economictly
The_Blind_One,
I've been doing just that as North America in the World scenario. I found that by spending the first few months building up petroleum and metal ore production to close my import gaps there that I would be better off. I also upgraded all of my consumer goods and industrial goods factories to 100%. I've been upgrading my nuke and coal power plants so I don't even have to turn on my petrol power plants but have them in reserve to increase demand upon demand if needed. Now instead of importing oil at some exhorbitat cost I'm exporting it at almost $1,000 per barrel, somewhere around 2,000 percent profit. I'm getting about 3,000 percent profit on coal and about 2,000 percent profit on uranium. I'm running almost a $3 trillion dollar annual deficit but I'm still adding almost $3 billion per day to my treasury! :o I found that war is really good for business, expecially someone else's war. :D

I always thought that building up production should yield better economic performance. To be sure I built up my research by building 7 new centers to get one over Europe. Poor Europe they must have built nukes because first Russia, then Africa and the Middle East jumped on them. I see that even my populace is 96% ready to trash Europe though I'm getting ready for my South American tour.

I've managed to push up inflation, jack up my GDP/c by several grand and drop unemployment nicely. My demand keeps growing now and I almost hate to go to war but I've got to secure my continents before going overseas.

I really like the way production can really drive the economy the way it should. It's been a long learning curve figuring out how to work the economy but now it's fun to know how to jack up my economy. I found that early on it's better to turn off all but one military goods plant and not build many new units. That savings on military goods really helps to allow for investing in other production that can build up the treasury.

I've really had fun running the North American economy up and up. My only frustration is that research is screwed up and I can't take advantage of my huge $2.5 trillion research budget to get new techs really fast.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
Eric Larsen
Colonel

Let the Wars Begin

Post by Eric Larsen »

tkobo wrote:Because once the wars start, and they start fairly early,the trade will dry up fast.
tkobo,
Wow, you already got to 2060 and the game is still running???? I get a good laugh at your optimization of industry builds. One well placed nuke could really put a crimp on your other power production. I always go through the commerce screen and select an industry and then do the build thing. That way the program shows me the best places to build stuff.

How the heck did you manage to get inflation down to .2% while unemployment went way up to 7.7%. In the beginning I was dropping both inflation and unemployment before getting inflation on track going up. I decided to drop consumer goods demand early on to ensure I didn't have to import at exhorbitant prices. Now I've got plenty of production and increasing demand.

Your treasury looks pretty awesome too. I'm building up mine pretty quickly with 2,000 to 3,000 percent markups on exporting oil, coal and urnaium. Thanks to Russia, Africa and the Middle East gang banging Europe I've gotten some great export deals. Good thing I spent the first few months building up my oil, metal ore, consumer goods and industrial goods.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

The Blind One- You can get to 50k and above.
I have gotten the gdp/c up to circa 54k for the US on world map now.

Thing is , i wasnt trying too,it just happened as i pursued my real economic goals.

So you can do it.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM

Return to “Department of Interior - Research and Social Services”