Efficiency

Discuss Research and Social Aspects of the game here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

well yes it slows down some. If there's alot of any type of building on the map it will slow down the game. Course everyone knows that. I can imagine what the real world be like if I was in charge of R&D. Course then there be high tech stuff everywhere but no one could afford it. :D Still one can dream.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

bergsjaeger wrote:but I have once built 250 centers just for China one time and never had one for every 2m ppl. Now that took awhile to do.
Dear Berg... thats complete nonsens you're talking about....
I like the way you're trying to get the game over the edge.... but please
don't cheat....
This could confuse normal players .... :wink:
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

never said i was cheating and i'm not. I was being honest there. It was a very long game alright. China is where i do most of my tests on research. Mainly because of the high population. And i don't like the idea of someone calling me a liar when i didn't.
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Then i apologize ... sorry.. :oops:
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

apology accepted. U have to keep in mind u could build up to 10 centers every 3 months. According to what the supply level is, how much money u bringing in, and if u have enough materials to build with. U could have up to 40 centers a year. so 250 centers isn't hard to get well it is but u have to plan not going to war during that time. And i did say i didn't have enough money. :wink: I could have cheated and got enough.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Yea, the money is the issue.
I currently can spend over 130billion a day in research ,if i wanted to as my research cap is that high.
Id be able to support such spending for about 80 days :P

Im hoping to do a few interesting tests in my current game,one of which will be to see just how far i can push research.

Im really trying to max out income (at 20 billion a day now,hoping for like 100 billion +) and treasury (at about 11 trillion now,hoping to break Quadrillion mark) ,than build huge amounts of centers and see how high the research cap can be pushed and how long it can be afforded .
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Thats the hole point..... if you don't have enough money you don't have efficiency ....you don't even have research.....

Getting back on the original post "best way to research/eff"
Always MAX out the money slider.....and see if you economy can bear it
If not... then there is no reason to build more RC's.... :wink:

Goodluck
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Il Duce »

...Just to keep this in perspective [for us just plain folks]:

If there's a tech you need, then all of this is worth it - like before building more centers, maybe you want to research any tech that improves research efficiency...

But there's not much point to researching unit techs if you can't afford to build (and staff) them. Other than that, this is all pretty interesting. I would note that under more normal circumstances I have, on occasion, found myself demolishing research centers as they were too expensive to maintain and there was really nothing worth researching.

There seems to be a non-linear relationship between 'research efficiency' and some combination of DAR, Inflation, and Education rating: for a static (max) number of dollars invested, and no change to any other settings, you can watch research eff fluctuate over turns. Most annoying. There is also a limited return on investment when adding more centers.

Overall - in the first years of a game, when it matters most, it is generally more effective to just trade for techs. You'd be surprised what you can get away with - and pay no attention to belli levels when doing this.
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

I for the most part only research when i can push the research budget to the current max.

And than i usually key on raising the tech level first,with the possible exception of synthetic fuel (depending on needs).
Chuckle TM
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

When i get fusion plants I usually stop researching. Beyond that there isn't many useful techs. Maybe upgraded version of units I already got and they have high expericence by the time i get new units. Now if upgrading the units themselves was possible I go all the way. I do know u have to get to 127 tech year before u get the best mech. Which i don't build anymore. Mainly because they run out of ammo way to fast.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Umm, i think the mechs are 125 or 126.

Also the mechs were rebalanced.
They now have a much longer combat time which allows them to be much more useful in drawn out fights or long advances.
I believe their defense against indirect attacks was lowered also, but i could be wrong on that.

Also at least one new mech type was added.

There is now a RECON oriented mech, with lower combat stats then the anit-tank mech.

Chuckle TM
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

I was talking about the BVM-2. Its tech level might have been 126. But I thought it was 127.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

OH, ummm, i didnt know there was a BMV-2 :oops:

Hhehheheheheheh.

I have NO idea what tech it is.I guess ill have to give it a look.Thanks.

Geez, i hope they balanced the BMV-2 also, or it could be a big waste of a mech unit 8_
Chuckle TM

Return to “Department of Interior - Research and Social Services”