Reducing population

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Marshall Tito
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Reducing population

Post by Marshall Tito »

Hi mates now this maybe an old thread i dont know i just wanna ask how to reduce population? From 2022 to 2028 my population is 2x larger than 6 years earlier (20 million to 41 million) how to stop this my peoples are like rabbits...
domcoppinger
Colonel

Re: Reducing population

Post by domcoppinger »

Marshall Tito wrote:Hi mates now this maybe an old thread i dont know i just wanna ask how to reduce population? From 2022 to 2028 my population is 2x larger than 6 years earlier (20 million to 41 million) how to stop this my peoples are like rabbits...
Check whether you are receiving a large level of immigration or not, if people are emigrating open more free flow treaties with other nations, if people are immigrating more then cancel as many free flow treaties as you can. Aside from that I am not to sure what can be done. I suppose you could lower your spending on medical support as I think this should lower birth rate and life expectancy, but will also annoy your population a fair bit!
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
Marshall Tito
Sergeant

Post by Marshall Tito »

Yes i have signef many free flow threaties almost with have a world i did lower my medical spedning and my family subsides verry low...
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

And it isn't going down???
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
Marshall Tito
Sergeant

Post by Marshall Tito »

I hade to brake all my treathis with the countries that i had thoose threaties they didnt wont to cancel it and my approval with the un has started to go down and my relations with other nations.I have started all over again and i discoverd if you stop investing in law enforcment you the death rate gets to 1 000 000 death in annual projection and emigrations starts to go up and imigrations starts to go down so thats what i discoverd exadantly...
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Just as a side note, why do you want to reduce your population? I normally end up wishing I had a higher population!
Much Thanks

Number 46-48
Marshall Tito
Sergeant

Post by Marshall Tito »

Well i want to make my game more realistic where i come from (Ex-Yugoslavia) population is 18-20 000 000 people and not 41 000 000
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Yes but they obviously don't have as wise and strong a leader as you :)

And just out of interest what part of ex-Yugoslavia is it that you come from, it is after all a big area!
Much Thanks

Number 46-48
Marshall Tito
Sergeant

Post by Marshall Tito »

hehehe obviously :D I come from Serbia :)
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

What the hell...

Larger Pop is always important. Later in the game, you can synthetically produce food, have enough water from all the rivers with proper tech, fusion produce power, produce enough consumer goods from composite minerals, and sell them for profit?

WHY WOULD YOU want it smaller? I finished Middle East with 300 Million pop, and now am badly stretched in the World scenario.
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Date of Order: 2007-11-15 20:03
Product information:
Supreme Ruler 2010 (1 x 19.99 USD)
3 years baby
Marshall Tito
Sergeant

Post by Marshall Tito »

Like i sad a want to make my game more realistic.
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Fair enough! We all play in our own way!
Much Thanks

Number 46-48
Marshall Tito
Sergeant

Post by Marshall Tito »

Could not agree more my friend :)
Sunray
Corporal

Post by Sunray »

Press F8, Interior dept,

Select migration control box, increase immigration fees.

Select control immigration control box, select your immigration criteria.
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Sunray wrote:Press F8, Interior dept,

Select migration control box, increase immigration fees.

Select control immigration control box, select your immigration criteria.
Such a shame this level of detail isn't present in 2020 or Cold War!
Much Thanks

Number 46-48

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”