Negative inflation

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

theharrisonater
Lieutenant

Negative inflation

Post by theharrisonater »

First of all, there is probably another post discussing this, i searched and didnt find any, if you find one gimme a link.

My inflation is -1.1% ive tried doing all of the minister inflation rising goals. How can i increase inflation manualy. Also heres a newbish theroy i came up with. Investing at least recommended in Social things will encorage immigration, which leads to more people which leads to incresed tax income. More people=more gdp= more money. :o

Also another thing playing as south africa in africa, and im using G6 Rhinos to kill my nothern opponent, whenever i tell them to attack, they move onto the target. They are artillery with range of 105km i belive. when i order them to attack they also get a move to order, so when they distroy the target they move onto the target hex, please explain.
Artillery bombardment requires many tanks for defence, entrench them. If not they will die.
Journier
Captain

Post by Journier »

build more industries/ put more money into research,

GDP/C is directly linked to inflation

meaning, if you put more money into research, or build more industries, your GDP/C rises, making your inflation also rise...

but why did you want to raise your inflation? lower inflation = more competitive prices vs other countries :)

and you are correct about social spending, but if you are playing as africa, are you a dictatorship? if so, cut most social spending costs, and your revenue will increase exponentially. social spending is very costly, and dictatorships seem to have that perk...

I personally dont use artillery much, but, your artillery will fire on there own.

when moved into range of enemy troops they will fire, so dont issue an attack order. just move them until they are firing and let them do it on there own.

someone that uses artillery more might have a better suggestion :)
Eric Larsen
Colonel

It's all about Demand

Post by Eric Larsen »

If you want to raise inflation then you must raise domestic demand for products. Cut income taxes on all 3 groups as well as both corporate taxes. Lower the property tax and activities tax to help spur demand. Most importantly cut down production of military goods and don't build units. Lower the domestic markup for products. Increase your education and infrastructure social spending. Also increase your research investment and build new research centers. Keep in mind that inflation is directly linked to domestic demand so to increase inflation increase domestic demand for products.

I've found that doing a 1% reduction in taxes at a time works well if you also do a one-step increase in other areas. After that small increase let it ride for a while until you see demand starting to flatten and then repeat. Don't do multiple perks to the economy unless you want riproaring inflation and then you'll be back to reversing those perks to get inflation under control.

Just get your arty in range and let them do their own targetting and firing. Until they get the bombardment command in it's pointless to try to tell your arty to attack as they then act like regular ground units and close assault the enemy. Not what you want your arty doing.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
theharrisonater
Lieutenant

Post by theharrisonater »

if negative inflation is good how do i attain it. And i guess it is good because +inflation mony worth lest -inflation you "have" more money./ its value goes up.
Artillery bombardment requires many tanks for defence, entrench them. If not they will die.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

The only way I seen to get neg inflation is by cutting research spending to nothing. But this was after I had everything researched.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Eric Larsen
Colonel

Growth is Good

Post by Eric Larsen »

theharrisonater wrote:if negative inflation is good how do i attain it. And i guess it is good because +inflation mony worth lest -inflation you "have" more money./ its value goes up.
theharrisonator,
Inflation is good, if practiced in moderation. You want to grow your economy so that you have more revenues. However too much inflation can be bad. I like around 5% growth with about 4% unemployment. Nice steady growth is the way to go. High inflation isn't so good as that really jacks up prices and can make you uncompetitive on the world market.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
jjbond007
Corporal

Post by jjbond007 »

I strongly believe that inflation increases your production costs, and maybe other costs. To reduce inflation you need to increase domestic prices (max them if you can handle it), set production to demand only, raise taxes to 100%, reduce building, reduce social costs. If you are self-sufficient, it is a meaningless number. Inflation simply raises all the prices. So while it is raising your production prices, you can also raise your domestic prices to your consumers. If you want to fight it, simply raise domestic prices, and drop production to demand instead of capacity.
“Inflation is as violent as a mugger, as frightening as an armed robber and as deadly as a hit man.”-- Ronald Reagan
http://www.viritix.com <===click and track inflation

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”