Stealth Approach

Discuss examining Terain, Cities, Industries, Bases, Units and Hex Development here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Propane
Warrant Officer

Stealth Approach

Post by Propane »

I recently had a "conflict" with Israel. I made sure the "Stealth Approach" box was checked and locked so i did not capture any territory. Even with this done, i managed to capture 4 cities. How does this happen?
"El protector de liberdad"
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

I think that the stealth mode is not much of a use in a city.... :wink:

Cheers
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

If you get spotted they will declare war on you and that would cause your units to begin capturing wherever they encountered enemy territory. If I recall correctly that's how it works.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

What we need is a special stealth filter which shows the expected stealth of an hex based on availeble data (population, enemy units, terrain, etc) . That way, the player can plot a cource through the terrain with the lowest probability of becomming detected. This is also how it works in real life in which stealth aircraft tries to remain undetected by avoiding heavy radar covered areas.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We've already provided this, it is the fog of war. You can see on your own where spotting is reduced. You don't however know the other person's spotting and that is realistic.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Chaim
Major

Post by Chaim »

By the game engine is easier to made a stealth aproach with a recon team with a lesser strengh than default? And trough mountainous or forest terrain than desert?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Terrain does affect spotting, there is a flag for low visibility if you look at the terrain details. Battalion size does not affect stealth.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

By default stealth approach is doomed to failure. THe only way to make it work is to minimise hex spotting strength (by giving a hex another loyalty then the current owner) and by increasing the units stealth rating. I've do exactly that in my Modefied French scenario Modefied French scenario
not going forward eqeals to going backward

Return to “Land and Terrain”