Captured territory without existing seaports

Discuss examining Terain, Cities, Industries, Bases, Units and Hex Development here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

bluntobj
Lieutenant

Captured territory without existing seaports

Post by bluntobj »

Regarding captured territory without existing ports:

I know i can land engineers and set up a base or an airstrip. Is there any way to then build a port? I've done that on greenland and iceland (the bases and airstrips), but there does not seem to be any way to build a seaport on captured territory.

What are the rules regarding building seaports?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

The rule is, they need supply. If the Sea pier is the only source of supply, you'll need another source before upgrading it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

That made me think.

Is it not best to have every sea hex adjecent to a supplied ground hex automaticly be supplied aswell? This would destroy the need for having already a sea pier before upgrading it or anything else, besides that, it's also logical, u don't really build docks on the sea, u build them adjecent to the sea and the dock's spread out over to the sea. So giving supply to sea/river/lake hexe's adjecent to supplied ground hexes should be very viable and a good solution.

However game mechanics might not allow it.

Up to u BG
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

We sort of do this. You can build on unsupplied water next to land so long as the land has a supply source. In this case, both the land and water are unsupplied. Having the first hex out would mean boats could be supplied without even a pier.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Land and Terrain”