I think i have an interesting idea about how to get more AI

Show us how intelligent you are by discussing the AI in this forum.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

I think i have an interesting idea about how to get more AI

Post by tkobo »

units into the actual fighting.

Why not make all the AI bases set their rally points to the front line ?

Every once in while , the AI could look over the map and reset the rally point to a new location on the front line as needed .
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Currenlty the AI does not autodeploy the units it builds. They remain in reserves. It only deploys the units it needs when it's issuing orders to them. Units from the WM are deployed up to the stack limited. Because of this the idea would have limited effect but I will mention it to George. The AI using rally points is certainly an overall good idea...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Another idea.

Have the AI scale its production of military units towards a set number for the region.

So in times of peace the AI would take alook at its existing units count by type and compare it to the regions "ideal" number for the current Def con state.

SO if the total count at def con 5 (peace) equals x amount of total units, with x amount of tanks, x amount of anti -air , etc... and it found that it had that total amount and it had that correct amount in the unit types as well , it would not produce any military units.
BUT
If it found it had less than the x amount set as the "ideal" number in either total units or types of units it would build more units of the type required.

With once the total x amount is reached, for whatever is being built, it would then shut down production.

This would allow regions to maintaina a unit count more manageable for its economy, saving it loads of cash, while making sure it had enough units total and by tyep to throw into any combat situation.

The total and unit build x amounts could be preset for each region and each def con setting for that region.

So 5 possible x amount units totals for each region to strive to maintain.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Eric Larsen
Colonel

Re: I thin i have an interesting idea about how to get more

Post by Eric Larsen »

tkobo wrote:units into the actual fighting.

Why not make all the AI bases set their rally points to the front line ?

Every once in while , the AI could look over the map and reset the rally point to a new location on the front line as needed .
tkobo,
I forgot to mention that in my post but I also have noticed that the AI's play defense in depth which isn't necessarily a bad idea but it is when the AI's allow a human to run rampant over it's territory and by the time they do get into the fight it's way too late. I agree the AI's need to be more intelligent in concentration of force and getting units up to the front early before it is too late. Otherwise it's just too easy to destroy their armies piecemeal.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen

Return to “AI - Artificial Intelligence”