General
Human: Yes

Re: Update 7 Announcement

Post by catatonic »

George Geczy wrote:Update 7 Changes List:

(Version Number 6.7.63)

Significant Changes:
- ...New AI capabilities and responses added
I still only see the same old 15 responses in the AIParams file and in the Wiki:

http://www.supremewiki.com/index.php/Mod_AI_Params_File:

What are the new ones and where are they?
"War is merely the continuation of politics [diplomacy] by other means"
General Carl von Clausewitz - 1832

"Defense: De ting dat keeps de cows off de road."
Catatonic - 2012
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Maybe poor wording here, there are no AI responses added to the AIParams file. The additional AI is internal, in the way it responds to certain events and also the way it responds to exsiting AIParams request codes. For example, it will make more use of attempted encirclements, more use of allied transit, etc.

-- George.
catatonic
General

Post by catatonic »

George Geczy wrote:Maybe poor wording here, there are no AI responses added to the AIParams file. The additional AI is internal, in the way it responds to certain events and also the way it responds to exsiting AIParams request codes. For example, it will make more use of attempted encirclements, more use of allied transit, etc.

-- George.
Cool!

Catatonic - 2012
Madzcat
Lieutenant

Post by Madzcat »

I noticed a bit of a problem with the whole encirclement thing.

Israel was invading Saudi Arabia and had a couple of towns cut off. And instead of attacking they just had units going around and around the cities in circles.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Madzcat wrote:Israel was invading Saudi Arabia and had a couple of towns cut off. And instead of attacking they just had units going around and around the cities in circles.
This does happen on occasion, the AI usually decides on purpose not to attack a certain town (for instance if they feel they can't take it right away), and then they instead just cut it off. Though they will usually attack those towns within a month or two.
Madzcat
Lieutenant

Post by Madzcat »

Yeah I think they eventually did, though the bad thing was they also had some arty there so the town was pretty much leveled by the time they did take it. :D

Still though its cool to see the AI surrounding and cutting off cities and leaving a few units behind then moving on. Makes their advances a lot better.
catatonic
General

Post by catatonic »

George Geczy wrote:
Madzcat wrote:Israel was invading Saudi Arabia and had a couple of towns cut off. And instead of attacking they just had units going around and around the cities in circles.
This does happen on occasion, the AI usually decides on purpose not to attack a certain town (for instance if they feel they can't take it right away), and then they instead just cut it off. Though they will usually attack those towns within a month or two.
So how closely does a city have to be surrounded before it stops generating supply? All of the hexes that it touches? Or can I just cut all roads leading into it?

The garrison there will still have their internal supplies that they use up correct?

Catatonic - 2012
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Thanks for mentioning that one, I had meant to do a feature highlight on that. Thread started;

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 55&t=16756
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
konez
Corporal

Post by konez »

I absolutely love this new patch. Just having an interesting Multiplayer..... I am Nigeria, and my friend is Egypt. Just seen france launch a massive invasion into Belgium... Belgium were just about holding on , but then Italy and the Netherlands announced war on France...

Now France has fallen to its knees...

The AI seem so active, and so much better at their assaults. Kudos +!
Snowpig
Lieutenant

Post by Snowpig »

I have a retail SR2020 (german) and a downloaded SR2020GC (german) from Gamersgate installed upon. After applying update 7 in a new campaign all the country names and descriptions in the campaign settings are gone (empty fields).
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Have you attempted a complete uninstall/reinstall? I did not have any problems when I did test installations prior to the update release.

I'll be out of the office much of this week but will test again next week.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Snowpig
Lieutenant

Post by Snowpig »

first i tried patching GC6.6.2 to 6.7.63, then i uninstalled everything and installed sr2020 then gc without patching (to 6.6.2) then applied patch 6.7.63 -> same result. 6.6.2 everything works (except those empty notification mails), 6.7.63 -> empty fields. Always selected "german" as language and installed everything in the same folder, which is here: f:\Spiele\Supreme Ruler 2020
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Confirmed.

Investigating.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
catatonic
General

Post by catatonic »

Snowpig wrote:first i tried patching GC6.6.2 to 6.7.63, then i uninstalled everything and installed sr2020 then gc without patching (to 6.6.2) then applied patch 6.7.63 -> same result. 6.6.2 everything works (except those empty notification mails), 6.7.63 -> empty fields. Always selected "german" as language and installed everything in the same folder, which is here: f:\Spiele\Supreme Ruler 2020
Could have to do with him installing to "f:" instead of "C:".

Catatonic - 2012
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

no, it did it for me when I installed in German on my C drive. Having trouble figuring out what data file is not linking properly. When I switch back to English it works fine. |O
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”