Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Re: Brasil (Brazil)

Post by Shoedidoe »

Start of 2024.

A bit disappointed with the green power research designs. I thought it opened the build of wind, solar, etc, facilities, but seems it does not such thing. Inflation above 20%, unemployment at 2.2%. my People loves me. My Economy does not. Expend a long time trying to put water above demand. Electricity is under demand and it looks like will need more work than the water supply. My objective is to be leader at everything since there is no wars in sign and I´m allied with about everybody.
Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

Elections approaching. Civil party, mine, over 48%, followed by the despicable Conservative at 23%. Had to rise taxes and lower social subsidies, what has cost me a few point in the harts of my ppl, but what a hell, what must be, be must. Was that or watch economy go downhill.

Together with a slowing in the construction pace, inflation is lowering, now under 17% and unemployment rises to 2.4%. GDP decreasing, now at 30,007.

Researching and building a strong Navy and Air fleets. Or so I think. Still no war at sign, even with me doing all I can to provoke Colombia and Venezuela with my spies sabotaging it´s infra all the time.

Lot´s of bizz, so treasury is growing. If not for the bad times of last "year", I would be a lot richer by now.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

"dispicable conservatives" :)

I do not even bother with the green tech. Useless unless you just want to use it for role play purposes.

Game start> Coal.
Later> Switch to Nuclear when you can.
Even Later> Fusion>Cold Fusion. Depending how many game years you play. Some people will not use fusion as they do not like the investment. I like free energy myself, forever.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

GIJoe597 wrote:"dispicable conservatives" :)
:D

I have a "liberal" gov., but at the last game looks like I forgot to change it and am now a "moderate", what suits me fine. Sure, the classification does not make much sense for the Brazilian´s reality, but, oh, well...

All the investment in infra is kind of paying off and seems I have enough infra to sustain the growing for a while. Like I said, without any war going on, I´m playing with economy. Inflation is steadily going down, now under 15%, without compromising GDP, that is also growing. Unemployment is 2.7% and sloooooowly growing. Immigratin is very high, emigration very low, birth rate also high. Above 220M ppl by now. Maybe one day I will catch up with USA, even if it is light-years ahead and growing at much more fast pace :D
Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

Is there a maximum tech. level?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

In expansion pack IIRC you'll run out of techs to research ~ 145
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

145??? :o

Dude, looks like I have a looong way to go. Let´s see if I still gov until there :lol:

Just finished producing the first nukes :D and inflation seems under control, now at 14%. Still too high, but a lots better than +20% of last "year" and that with heavy investment in health, education, law, environment and culture. Rise family subsidies a "little" bit, to see if pop grows faster.
Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

13.3% inflation and dropping. 2.9% Unemployment and rising. 31,896 GDP and rising. A very health, educated, secure, cultural and environmental land, with indices well above 100%. Taxes at 27.3%. Birth/death rate approaching the 2 for 1. Emigration very low, immigration very high. Still building air and naval fleets. Opened some land fabs to renew the army. No wars in sign, yet.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

In the GC game, version 6.7.3 (no mods) and up, there are techs up into the 160's. Two that jump to mind is the Recon Mech and the AT Mech at 165 for example.

Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

Inflation at 12.9%, unemployment at 2.9%, GDP at +32. Expenses with education, health, law, culture and environment still at full. 3 teams of engineers building water, coal and uranium, to keep it way ahead of demand.

The last 2 jumps at research levels occurred faster than I´m used to, what has done no good to my daily income. And the next one is looming. I don´t think my daily income can keep the pace, so I´m thinking going back to put the budget at 100%.

Pop over 243, low emigration and high immigration. I´m very pleased at it.
Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

My Navy made a big mistage: without supply, got some vessels stranded. Because of that, to buy and produce such vessels AND a unexpected jump on tech. level, I saw my treasury start to be in red for a few days straight.

I did cut my´s Commodore´s head :evil:
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

You can resupply ships at sea with any airframe that can hover, (helo or VTOL type), if they are in range of the arcraft. Comes in handy sometimes as it is much quicker than sending a ship to resupply. You do not have to fill them full, only enough to get to a supplied ocean hex.

As a side note; be aware that when using naval bombardment, or anything that uses the supply stock, (not fuel), of a ship, it will head back to the last port it was docked/reserved/repaired at to attempt a resupply.

Example: You are invading Africa and your ships are performing a shore bombardment. When they run out of supply they will head all the way back to Brazil/last port they were in to get resupplied, even if there is a friendly port/supplied sea hex closer. There are 2 things you can do to counter this.

1. Keep supply ships with them at all times.

2. In every invasion, capture a Port first. This allows for the ocean hexes to be supply points in your captured area. (Ideally, all invasions should target a city/facility with BOTH a Port and Airfield, in my opinion. Bonus if there is also a Barracks.) I like to keep 2 stacks of 7ea ECB ENG especially for this. They are air droppable Engineers I use to repair ports/airfields faster on initial landings. This helps secure the initial landing area by assuring follow on forces are adequately supplied and air/sea units can be repaired locally as required.

Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

Hi, still playing...

Started all over again. Playing to rise treasury, keep a positive balance on the daily income deficit/surplus. Both Argentina and Bolívia are long gone and none other are showing interest in war. I would like to know if there is something that can be done to increase the likelihood of being attacked by them...

Heavy, very heavy investing in Education, Health and, now, Infra. Pop growing fast. The Inflation still too high (7.7%) and Unepl., too low (3.7%), but both are steadily and surely converging. All infra is done and it´s a pity I have not the slight idea on how to build a trade that bring me much money AND no headache. Doing some lame 30 days with Saudi Arabia and maintaining a huge infrastructure.

Ah, heavy investment in research (18 slots of capacity, after conquering the ones from Argentina and Bolívia). I´m now at level 32 and playing the year of 30. Doing the most consequential-profitable research possible with one or two military units designs. Together with Warfare - highly variable - researching belics must occupies 5-6 slots at maximum.

Very small army, 70 units, most engineers of light infantry-support. A decent navy for the local situation, cerca 200 units, most attack-oriented and missile-capable, with some nuclear submarines. A very, very, very strong Air Force for the local situation, around 1000 units, most of serious crafts and a lotta bombers. A smaller Air Force, with less than today´s units and designs bated the crap out Bolívia, so I believe I´m safe behind my Navy-Air Force shield. Not for the kind of conflicts Russia of China are in, of course, but for the South-Central America, I´m confident nobody will mess with Brasil :D

Some uptaded units are coming out the factories now, level 125+. Laser waponery :evil:

When Infla. and Unepl. reaches the 5% mark, I plan to build streets and rails, connecting all the cities with each other. Now I have a crazy and extensive system of "right-lines" rail-street network, plus piers and airports covering all the national territory. With the actual all-out Infra expends and future all-connected action, I´m hopping to put Brasil at a new pattamar.

Bad side: like I said, it´s the trade. As economic savant, I am a pretty damn good hair dresser...
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Shoedidoe wrote:Hi, still playing...

Started all over again. Playing to rise treasury, keep a positive balance on the daily income deficit/surplus. Both Argentina and Bolívia are long gone and none other are showing interest in war. I would like to know if there is something that can be done to increase the likelihood of being attacked by them.
Try a few of these threads to get a better idea.

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/search.p ... mit=Search

Shoedidoe wrote: When Infla. and Unepl. reaches the 5% mark, I plan to build streets and rails, connecting all the cities with each other.

There is no game mechanic reason to run rails and roads everywhere, unfortunately it does not work like Sim city, Transport Tycoon, or any of the other great games in that genre. If you are doing it for personal reasons, I can understand.

Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

Yeah, I have rod many, many tips and tricks and etc.

The spies getting cought worked really well with Argentina and Bolívia, but the rest seems happy to take with all the sabotage...

Also tried scrapping and/or selling all my terrestrial units, leaving the navy and Air Force to defend.

Now I´m trying to reserve ALL units and had the idea of reviewing my Diplo. with my hostile neighborhood, jealous of my riches, my precious... No treaties without signing a Non-Aggression treat. It seems to have give some, poor, increase of attack-likelihood, but not near enough.

Oh, well, back to boring life of research and angel-sex trade...

Ah, the roads and rails have indeed a national inner felling of vindicating the country in such a basic thing and are you sure it does not interfere with Unepl.? I thought it increase Ind.Goods demands, therefore production, therefore jobs. But is something for the magical 5% mark. Infl. 7.1% / Unepl. 3.8% now and descending. Extra percentage because I just reserved ALL units, I suppose.

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”