SUPREME RULER 2020 REMAKE

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Would you support a Supreme Ruler 2020 remake?

Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes: 38
General Zod
Corporal
Human: Yes

SUPREME RULER 2020 REMAKE

Post by General Zod »

I just want to go on record that so far 2020 still remains one of my favorite games ever! But from how great it was I still think it could have been a lot better and this is just a place for people to either say that they'd support this idea and or make suggestions on it.

[Edit by moderator - typo fixed]
Clubfoot55
Warrant Officer

Re: SUPREME RULER 2020 REMAKE

Post by Clubfoot55 »

Great idea. I think they did a great job with 2020, and I've spent a lot of my time on that game. It was just amazing. The main difference from the newer games is the freedom from history. You control everything. If you added all the new cool stuff like the better AI, map notifications, faster game speed, and an improved UI, I think a remake would be successful and a viable solution to create another game.
Also this isn't necessary, but imagine having armistices instead of peace so the war would continue but it would be a ceasefire. That way if you play as North Korea or something you can start in an armistice with South Korea so the world won't hate you as much for going to war. Maybe customizable expiration dates but you can break them? I don't know, just thinking.
Thumboy
Lieutenant

Post by Thumboy »

And also, It would be great to have the annex colonise and liberate options too!
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I do rather like the idea, but I would suggest a conglomerate game. Starts in 1936, with no end date and all updates, fixes/tweaks, things learned from all games to date. With an engine that can handle that large a time frame without breaking the economy etc.

BG already has all the code and data one would assume from all their games. The kicker is, if it is steam only I would be left in the cold, just like with 1936. :(
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

GIJoe597 wrote:...The kicker is, if it is steam only I would be left in the cold, just like with 1936. :(
We've already said there will be a non-steam version of 1936 available at official release. We won't leave you out in the cold. It's just the Early Access that is Steam only.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Ah well, my memory is going. Thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Jacklax100
Lieutenant

Post by Jacklax100 »

I love the idea. As for SR2020, I love the scenarios, campaigns, and everything except the graphics. I would like them to just upgrade the graphics, maybe add in some more scenarios but keep the old ones, add in all units from all of the games and that's it.
Saarud
Lieutenant

Post by Saarud »

I'd buy whatever game in this series BG do so my vote will always be yes. :-) But if they take requests or suggestions in consideration I do have some here:

1) I think infantry type units should be recruited in barracks instead of land production facilities.

2) I'd love to be able to speed up my "leg" units by "buying" local transportations, even just for shorter times. It's not like any nation today would make their soldiers walk wherever.

3) Weaker garrisons. When I play SR 2020 I fight garrisons mostly when I fight other nations not their army except those lonely one unit stacks that attacks every now and then. Better yet scrap the garrison idea and implement the militia idea instead. That is that any city can produce militia when at war, the production rate depends on the size of the city and general funding of militia. These militias functions as regular units and can move wherever except that these guys can also turn rogue and fight their own nations units. :evil:

4) More non-vehicle type of units. That is: more infantry type of units. :-) I like low tech nations and I want more diversity. :wink:

5) Better unit trades. That is more options. Here's one suggestion: I'd like as a low tech nation announce that I am looking to buy tanks of a certain techlevel or price range and then get bids for sales. Right now as a low tech nation I hope for the chance that someone will offer me something.

6) Stack movement. I'd love if one stack could fix the movement speed to match the unit with the lowest max speed.

Well I am aware that these suggestions are not always possible, but hey theese are just suggestions. :-) And at any rate I LOVE BG games so I will buy them no matter what anyway.

edit:
Ok... your talking about a remake I am talking about a sequel. :-) Still the comments are valid for either.
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

Great Idea, Id love to see another title like Supreme Ruler 2010 or 20. :-)
Garethw87
Warrant Officer

Post by Garethw87 »

PLEASE MAKE THIS!

I can't wait to get into 1936 properly but SR2020 will always be the best!
starbight69
Corporal

Post by starbight69 »

I would like to add that there also needs to be some random events added ie NATURAL events, uncontrollable events, example earthquacks, tornadoes, hurricanes ect. well I imagine you just need to incorporate weather into game. and I would love to see a nation go to civil war with it self because the people didn't like it, why not. Also what about making a OMG discovery several tech lvls above what you currently are by mistake, it could be made to where you cant tell whats going on, also what if you could instigate a rebellion in a country and support the rebellion with money weapons and maybe even units. Also maybe some leader units to help. im just throwing ideas out there guys so blow them out of water if need to lol.

thank you for the great game currently
your fearless ruler Star :D

Also almost forgot this one there needs to be a possibility of resources fading as the game progresses to show them being used up. Also what if NEW resources were discovered
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

Wow, not a huge sample size, but I'd say that is a pretty significantly skewed distribution of responses!

I wish I got the sense that the Battlegoats were still "into" their games. If I felt like they wanted to keep making SR games, then HELL YEAH!

But it almost seems like they are sick of them and just want to get away from the series or something. Ah well, you can't blame folks for burning out after working on the same project for 30 years.
Xenos_IO26
Corporal

Post by Xenos_IO26 »

I too, find the modern era SR games most appealing. SR2020 is hands down the best in the series thus far, IMO.

I hope BG will remake this game. Playing the 2020 sandbox in SR:U felt very constrained because Cold War spheres of influence carried over into modern day. A 2020 game with up to date unit designs, recent features (colonizing, liberating, condemnations, race to Mars, weather, rebellions & insurgencies, ISIS etc.), and an improved economic model would be just fantastic. I'd be one of the first to pre-order for sure.

I think diplomatic options to "Join attack on", "Break trade agreement with", etc. would be great additions. Coalitions are a key feature of 21st century warfare after all. They are very effective in Total War diplomacy, and would love to see it implemented in SR.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The sphere systems have become optional for all maps.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
LoganZombieOfTime
Lieutenant

Post by LoganZombieOfTime »

Saarud wrote: 2) I'd love to be able to speed up my "leg" units by "buying" local transportations, even just for shorter times. It's not like any nation today would make their soldiers walk wherever.
I think you can load them onto supplies trucks
when you can't build an army, buy it. :evil:

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”