Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Garethw87
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Alliances - HOW TO STOP THEM ALL!

Post by Garethw87 »

Hello,

So with the issues still surrounding 1936, well maybe not 'issues' but I don't feel like spending hours and hours on it just yet, I have retuered to my most favourite game - THIS ONE!

However, how do I stop all the damn alliances?! It's so frustrating. I think there was a certain way to set up the options to stop, or at least slow this down? Thanks for any help.
number47
General

Re: Alliances - HOW TO STOP THEM ALL!

Post by number47 »

If I remember correctly, setting diplomacy to very easy was the way to reduce the "world is one big happy family" movement otherwise happening with all the alliances. :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Garethw87
Warrant Officer

Post by Garethw87 »

number47 wrote:If I remember correctly, setting diplomacy to very easy was the way to reduce the "world is one big happy family" movement otherwise happening with all the alliances. :D
Thank you! I had it set to very hard.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Garethw87 wrote:
number47 wrote:If I remember correctly, setting diplomacy to very easy was the way to reduce the "world is one big happy family" movement otherwise happening with all the alliances. :D
Thank you! I had it set to very hard.
Yeah, the common mistake all do in thinking that setting will affect all not just you, but infact it makes it hard for you to make diplomatic agreements but at the same time makes it for AI much easier and it results in whole world being allied to each other :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Garethw87
Warrant Officer

Post by Garethw87 »

Ok so I tried it with Very Easy - same thing! I was just reading on SupremeWiki and it said to put it on Very hard - same thing as mentioned in first post. I don't know how I ever got over it. I was just playing then and I thought 'ok I'll just ignore them all' I am getting like 2,3,4,5 alliances per day! St Kitts & Nevis and Sweden?!!? Some are so random!

I guess I'll just have to put up with 1936 till it's updated some more :-?
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

When I get that email I click the DO NOT SHOW AGAIN button. After a few months or a year, if you like, you can turn them back on as most countries will be allied and it will only happen much less frequently then.

The alliances have always been random and not very sensible based on "real" world, but this is a game so I can live with it. In many games I never ally with any one anyway...
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Garethw87
Warrant Officer

Post by Garethw87 »

GIJoe597 wrote:When I get that email I click the DO NOT SHOW AGAIN button. After a few months or a year, if you like, you can turn them back on as most countries will be allied and it will only happen much less frequently then.

The alliances have always been random and not very sensible based on "real" world, but this is a game so I can live with it. In many games I never ally with any one anyway...
Yeah this makes sense. Obviously in the real world most countries are 'allies' anyway with NATO but telling me about Sweden and St Kitts is just pointless! The reason I want it on is to know when wars start, is there another way to know when a war has stated besides this then? As I say it's been so long since I played 2020!
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Each email is specific, turning off the "alliance formed" mail does not affect the "war declared" mail. In the game options you can fiddle with them, or just open any particular email and along bottom click on No Longer Receive this Topic. It will ONLY affect mail informing you of alliances.

By the by, I suggest you always keep Pause on Event on. :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Garethw87
Warrant Officer

Post by Garethw87 »

GIJoe597 wrote:Each email is specific, turning off the "alliance formed" mail does not affect the "war declared" mail. In the game options you can fiddle with them, or just open any particular email and along bottom click on No Longer Receive this Topic. It will ONLY affect mail informing you of alliances.

By the by, I suggest you always keep Pause on Event on. :)
Many thanks GIJoe!

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”