A BIG change, but easily said

Talk about on-going development of Supreme Ruler 2020 here. What would you like to see in updates or in a future Supreme Ruler title?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Trppmdm
Corporal
Human: Yes

A BIG change, but easily said

Post by Trppmdm »

So, Battlegoat you made the best game, but my flaw is this : I HATE HEXES!
You can keep the hex selection, but I don't like the borders. Can you make the borders good, but real borders, not like Superpower 2's rushed borders? :wink:
Oh and sorry if you say: "YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE THE GAME YOURSELF TO SEE HOW HARD IT IS TO MAKE THEM LIKE THAT!!!"
I know, it's hard, and by the way battlegoat if you can't make the borders good then keep the hex-made borders.
Sorry, if I offend somebody. :oops:
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Re: A BIG change, but easily said

Post by Uriens »

I don't think you offended anyone, I just don't see how to you imagine this would be done, conceptually. I mean, how would you define borders if not by who owns the adjacent hexes? Just saying, 'I don't like this, change it' won't help anyone if you don't suggest a better way of doing it.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Agreed there is no offense, but I like hexes. You're only stated reasons to dump the hexes is appearance, something that could be worked on in other ways. The advantage of hexes is equidistant measurements in all directions. You don't get that with tiles. You have to present the advantages/disadvantages when proposing changing a system.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Nero
Captain

Post by Nero »

Actually I found those hex borders quite charming. They pulled off quite a wonder being able to model borders with such remarkable accuracy with hexes of that size.

Return to “Development - 2020”